How to make "Transitioning Cutscenes!"

Basically, do you know when you play some video games, when your screen turns black when you enter a building then disappears to simulate you going into a building?
In this guide, I will be simulating that, with:
When you walk into a building, going into it
The Transition Cutscene
And last, teleporting to the place you need.
The things you need are listed down below,
1x Barrier
2x Teleporters
2x Triggers
1x Speed Modifier
1x Camera View
Ok! Let’s start! You can use wires if you want to.
First, place down your trigger at the place of your building, entering/exiting, something like this. (Don’t mind the teleporter, it’s signalling where to go.)
Screenshot 2023-12-06 4.39.46 PM

Next, make it not visible in game, as you don’t want the trigger to ruin the vibe of the game. Make sure that it can be triggered by players walking over it!
After that, go to “Trigger when receiving on” and change the channel to your liking. For this guide, I will be using “Go Outside”
Then, with when trigger, go to “when triggered transmit on” and insert your channel in. I’m using “Go Outside 2” If you would like, add trigger delay.
Screenshot 2023-12-06 4.51.52 PM

Next, add a teleporter outside of your map, so that you don’t see a random barrier later in the game. Make it so that you get teleported there by your channel. Add a camera view and make it small. It should be over your teleporter.

Then, add a channel so that when they get teleported there, transmit a signal to make it that you can’t move, using your speed modifier so you can’t get out of that barrier. With that same channel you used to transmit a signal to the teleport, add a second trigger and make it so when it receives that channel from that teleporter, there’s a delay sending the next one. I used 2.5 seconds, but you don’t have to.

Add a second teleporter to where you want to be sent to, and make it so that the signal that got delayed then gets sent after its delay and you get teleported to the place you want. Finish product after this should look like this,
Screenshot 2023-12-06 4.53.31 PM

The last step is to get a barrier, and tint it full black. Remove its border, and smack it right over the camera view. This gives the illusion that you just transitioned to a new place! The finished product after them all should look like this:

That’s it! I hope I helped you somehow, could be used in something like, I don’t know Pokemon, or when your just entering any random building and want to dramatize it, but yeah, that’s the guide!
Example in game:

Ta da!

Difficulty of Guide?
  • 0/10
  • 1/10
  • 2/10
  • 3/10
  • 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10
  • 9/10
  • 10/10
0 voters
6 Likes

If there are any mistakes in this guide, please tell me and I can change it!
also poll u can vote multiple times, No idea why, but funny I guess

1: Nice Guide!

2: Might want to space out the steps and .paragraphs to make it easier to read

Example:

Step 1:

Text Here

Step 2:

Text Here
[Picture Here]
More Text Here

Step 3:

Text Here
Text Here
[Picture Here]
Text Here

3:

every forum @trust_level_3’s biggest fear
except for the fallen gims :saluting_face:

:saluting_face: - black killer cat, the @trust_level_3 one, not to be confused with the other black cat

2 Likes

Great guide!

1 Like

I just like to do it like that because my brain works easier that way. but lol

Thanks! I appreciate it!

1 Like

Alright! Will keep in mind for that!

Nice Guide!

1 Like

Nice job! Looks great for a beginning map!

1 Like

bump

hate to bump my own guides but someone also might want

BUMP because this is a good guide.

1 Like

bumped into this AWSOME guild! CUT!

1 Like