How to make the pacer test w/ Sam

I know we probably all hate running the mile or doing the Pacer test at school, so why not make these little gims do it?

Oh, Sam brings up a good point. Gims don’t like the pacer or running either. Too bad, we’re still going to make it! Sorry, Sam!
Anyway, to make the pacer, you need a way to run out of gas and slow down.
So we’re going to start off with running mechanics:

Running Mechanics

So in real life, if you actually try, you start off pretty fast, so get a speed modifier and place it down. Make it higher than 1.0 and make sure it has a way to be activated (button, zone, lifecycle…). So here, we’re going to use the button so when button pressed —> change player to modified speed.
Now since it would be a dead draw since all gims are the same speed (except Sam, he slow), it wouldn’t be a race. So take out a movement meter and make it track/use energy. You should start with energy in the tank, to do so, you need a starting inventory device, make it have energy, and give it your desired energy. Since people have to slow down eventually as no one is Superman (except @Captain-Gim), we have energy limits. So make it so that when you lose a certain amount of energy, you slow down, for example, if you start with 1,000 energy, then make it so that when you reach 900, you only run 1.00 as fast. To do so use a checker, with these settings, and select the value.

So when check passes —> Set player to configured speed and do that for every speed change you want. Make sure they never reach 0.00 as that’s unrealistic. Use the infinite trigger loop system for the checker. Now I suggest making a way for them to get better than their peers and faster so it’s an actual race. So get a game overlay and make it a button. Then wire it to a questioner that’s wired to an item granter that grants energy so they can recharge and whoever gets more questions will probably win.

Pacer Mechanics

First, grab a counter and a trigger. Make the trigger right in front of a player, so when they step on it the running starts. Make sure there’s an invisible barrier to prevent them from running! Just wire the trigger to the barrier to deactivate it. Then use a counter (visible or not, your choice) with a trigger loop that that starts once the barrier’s deactivated. Make the counter have a target, when target value reached (which is the time) activate zone, people in zone respawn back to the other area (use respawn) then deactivate the lasers using a trigger that keeps it there for a while and then disappears then releases the gims again (REMEMBER TO RESET THE COUNTER). That’s all unless I’m forgetting something.

Not a WIP but will add better format, more Sam and more pictures.

5 Likes

Cool WIP! Can’t wait for the finished product.

Why are you torturing those poor gims? :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t think the gims really mind. He/She/They look fine
Screenshot 2024-02-15 9.10.22 PM
Sam’s just a big baby.
Doesn’t Sam realize that he could just drop out of the pacer at any time?

1 Like

This is a nice guide and all, but WHY ARE YOU STEALING MY TRADEMARK ft. Tim remark?!?

5 Likes

It felt fun, but I can remove it if you truly want to. I just seemed inspired by Tim and felt like making something similar to spice up the guide but I hate when people steal my ideas so if you want me to remove it, I guess I could.

1 Like

dont you need the wip tag if its a wip?

1 Like

I’m not entirely opposed to it but don’t directly used the featured mark. I’m ok with u changing it a little

4 Likes

wip isn’t used anymore.

2 Likes

oh rlly?
i did not know
also why not?

My art style is different. Also, instead of featured, I’ll use with or w/.
also, nothing can compare to Tim.

4 Likes

That works. And yes, it’s obvious when someone’s trying to fake tim :slight_smile:

5 Likes

sad thing is i was going to make my own type towards guides… my full name is Fluffyton Wiskers (he/him) and he has a sister named luna and a cousin named Galacticat (@Gilacticat)

2 Likes

THIS IS AWESOME. I REALLY don’t like the pacer and I think this is a great idea. I can’t wait to play this map. (So why do I want to play this map? idk :thinking:)

The idea is that tags helps gims find what they need and no one needs to find incomplete guides

1 Like

I’m getting flashbacks

1 Like

Same dude, Same.

1 Like

If you need more draft space, simply make a google doc and copy-paste your draft into that.

3 Likes

wip isn’t used anymore - people don’t think users will search up guides that aren’t finished.

2 Likes

For some reason, it’s blocked for me.
Well, it was when I made this.

Microsoft word? Notepad? Maybe email it to yourself?
There’s always a solution :slight_smile:

1 Like