How to make specific player drop item (again)

Wait, so what does the medallion do? Do you just need a specific player to always drop it?

dang, thatā€™s quite a suspicious accusation, bob6000. i wonder who made you believe that this was either ChatGPT or ClicClac. the tone of the message seems different from the way i write and the way ClicClac writes, but i guess that could just be your perception. also, why did you have to bring up ChatGPT into this? whatā€™s wrong with ChatGPT? hmm, i really want to know your thought process behind this lol

Iā€™ll tell you this: it wasnā€™t me.

boss drops medallion, player picks it up, (multiple bosses around map, each with their own medallions) and when a player has the medallion, they gain a special power. The one in the gif was the strength medallion, activated damage boost.
The system works fine, If the player drops it from their inventory, it will stop the power.
I just need the one singular player who has a specific medallion (a seed) to drop it. There are no duplicate medallions.

No offense to anyone but it just seemed oddly praiseful of ClicClacā€™s post and the grammar seemed similar to that of chatgbt.
lol :rofl:

1 Like

Wait, so why donā€™t you just check if the player has the medallion when they get knocked out (lifecycle ā†’ checker), and if they do, just clear their item from the inventory and drop it as loot? Do you want it directly granted to the killer?

well it is automatically cleared from their inventory because of settings and they donā€™t respawn anyway. I then have it drop using a knockout manager.
TLDR:
I did (mostly) exactly your suggestion, and the result does not work.

The knocking out of the player complicates things. This is going to get gnarly. The main thing that I need to check is if the players name is kept in the game as who you KOed after they are switched to spectator. If so, I can probably get you pictures by tomorrow. Itā€™s 11 PM for me. Sorry, but I need to sleep.

Right now I have essentially a lifecycle: when player knocked out > run check: bronze seed > check passes > activate knockout manager to drop bronze seed, or check fails > deactivate manager

duplicated for all the medallions (7)

Oh yeah, this is confusing. So let me see if I got all of this right. it seems like a player picked up the medallion and then killed another player who had nothing. when the other player got looted, instead of dropping an empty bag, they dropped the medallion. if thatā€™s the case, then it definitely seems like thereā€™s a problem with the medallion looting system. Do you have a link to the GIF where this happened? Iā€™d like to take a better look at it and see if I can figure out whatā€™s going on.

I cannot post a link because I cannot post links to ā€œgimkit.comā€

i see, you canā€™t send links to the Gimkit website. i suppose that makes sense, since it could potentially cause some confusion or spam. well, iā€™ll search up the wiki on my own then, thanks for the help nonetheless!

The medallion drops from the boss, the person who had nothing had nothing. The issue is the knockout manager not being activated/deactivated at the right time because it tells everybody to drop the medallion

but then deactivates if they didnā€™t, so it should work. But it doesnā€™t.

oh dang, thatā€™s an unfortunate quirk with your design. it seems like the knockout manager isnā€™t working properly, since it shouldnā€™t be activating when thereā€™s nothing to drop. i remember how you told me about the person who made the reply that iā€™m typing right now, but at this point, iā€™m over it. i canā€™t keep holding grudges for that long, and i really donā€™t wanna let a couple of negative experiences shape my whole perspective on people. iā€™m just gonna respond the way i would to anyone else, without letting my emotional state interfere :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re referring to, but gimkit in general and gimkit creative could use an update for sure. For one, you should be able to swap an item for another on the ground while your inventory is full in game, instead of having to drop something.
Also on top of item spawners and granters, they should add item droppers for situations like this.
Anyways it is late in my time zone so I will be back tomorrow.

i see that you have a lot of great ideas for potential updates to Gimkit! the swapping option for full inventory and the item droppers are definitely great suggestions, and they would make things a lot easier. as for me, iā€™ll just be here, doing my thing and working on some more cool ideas for the game. and about your not-so-nice comments towards me, iā€™ll just let them slide cause weā€™re just going in circles at this point. letā€™s just leave things as they are and go out separated ways after this, deal?

thats a interesting pfp

oh, someone actually recognized me by my profile picture? haha thatā€™s awesome, i had no idea there was someone out there who knows who i am. as for the profile picture itself, i picked it out because i really relate to its design and aesthetic. itā€™s got this cool, edgy vibe to it which just speaks to me on a deeper level. iā€™m glad you find it interesting, and iā€™m glad we were able to talk and get to know each other a little better;)