How to make _____Land ⬛

I didn’t publish the game. It’s extremely to play, as it need exactly four people.

1 Like

Do u know what it’s called in Discovery, though? :interrobang:

1 Like

@ModerateCape86, please read the bold text here. I’ll get to your submission ASAP, ok?

1 Like

You can’t give a game a discovery name if you haven’t published the game in discovery.

2 Likes

Oh, I thought he meant that someone else published it. That’s too bad.

1 Like

bump

4 Likes

Gosh this guide is certainly long, and complicated…
Also Bump

3 Likes

If you’re going to bump some of my guides, please wait at least two weeks [1] and don’t have the word bump in them. It needlessly lengthens the topic. Also, my guides are so specific that they need a longer cool down timer.

1. This is the bare minimum, the longer you wait, the exponentially better it gets. ↩︎

7 Likes

did you ever publish this? If not, do you ever plan on publishing it? I would love to play it…

Still one of if not the best guide on the forum

(re pinging you here because i think it’s dumb to make another reply when I could just ask another question here) @ClicClac would you mind if I tried to recreate ____land and published it if I succeeded? I would completely credit you and make sure everyone who plays it knows I didn’t make it.

2 Likes

Uh, so about that…

The short answer: No. [1]

1. I think I accidentally deleted something important, as the game doesn’t let anyone even go on the board now. Also it takes EXACTLY 4 people to work, which does not meet my expectations for a good game. As a guide that people can replicate? It’s great! But I messed the game up later on, and it doesn’t work anymore. ↩︎

6 Likes

If this is true, and you find it annoying that you can only do it with 4 players, maybe you could make multiple _____Land s and a live player counter to choose however many players you want.

If the player amount isn’t an option, then it could send them to a screen that says (sorry! your player amount isn’t available! J0in in with __, __, ___, or ___ many players!

Just thinking, not sure if it’s actually possible

Also don’t ask why i’m quoting you from like 5 months ago, I just felt like reading comments

7 Likes

I’m thinking about trying to make this, and I was thinking about what I said up there ^.

If I made like 4 versions of the same code but with different channel names (and also different coding for the turns part because there would be less of them) do you think this would be doable?

The only reason I could think this wouldn’t work is because in the map settings it programs it to 4 even teams.

But what if I made it a free for all and switched the teams during the game?

Do you have any thoughts?

2 Likes

You would have to rework the game to work with any number of teams. Or if you want to use pseudo teams, that could work as well!

7 Likes

ok. so i replicated it the game. it doesn’t seem to really be working though…

all the gims land in the spinning place. is this supposed to happen?

2 Likes

wdym?

Like, every Gim is teleported there? At once?

2 Likes

here i’ll send a pic

yeah

3 Likes

2 Likes

lol thats a whole lot of watermelons

It has to be an issue in getting the player to the spinner, so it has to be some sort of relay problem. Do you have any unnecessary relays?

3 Likes

nope

1 Like

Are all the team configurations correct? The Map Options? The Channels?

the only thing that i can think of is an incorrectly named channel.

4 Likes