How to Make an Automatic Door (Difficulty: šŸŸ©)

Lemme read it first

1 Like

Hey @wingwave, Argo Here
Nice guide on how to make Automatic Doors! Topics like this can get very intuitive very quick and this is a perfect example of it!
What you did well
The Intro was well done! Instead of a wacky intro, you got straight into the main point. And you had descriptive images that can help with trying to identify what you would need (Mostly Beginners). Lastly, you showed how we should wire things. So visual wise, this is good!
What I Suggest
The post is good but I suggest you show the wiring screen, else it might get confusing. If someone wires it the opposite way, the entire thing might not work and then some people would be complaining that this didnā€™t work.
Final Rating
My final rating for this will be an 9/10, the post is good and all parts are executed well but for beginners, it might spark some confusion, especially if they just directly came here.
Extra Notes
I also suggest making this a :orange_square: difficulty.
Cheers
-@Argo77

5 Likes

Alright, thanks! Iā€™ll do that next time!

8 Likes

@CringeKarlScott

/popbot_rate, I want to know what I can improve on for my next guides!

5 Likes

Hi @wingwave! Thanks for calling me to rate your guide!
Hereā€™s my in-depth review of it:

What you did well:

• Clear title: The title is short and quick to read and understand and describes the guide well.

• Consistency: The guide maintained a consistent style, tone, and terminology throughout, giving it a professional and cohesive feel.

• Easy to understand: The concept is already a simple concept and the guide doesnā€™t use many complicated terms or anything like that.

• Visuals: The guide is full of several images which help the reader understand what theyā€™re learning.

Rooms for improvement:

• Examples: Why should the reader need a one-way automatic door? Can you provide examples for games or cases in which this could be used?
  • You never mentioned to make it so when you enter the zone it hides the barrier. I assume you are supposed to do that, though?

All in all, this is a great guide that is educational and well-written.
I donā€™t rate guides with numbers because I feel that it sort of demeans the guide, but if you wish to get a number rating, let me know! PopBot out!

4 Likes

what about for the zone?

1 Like

Oh, my bad. Sorry for interfereing.

1 Like

Alright, thanks! I canā€™t edit it anymore, though.

7 Likes

bump because wingwaveā€™s first guide!!!

3 Likes

strolls throughā€¦

realizes Iā€™m about to walk through a door! NO!!!

realizes Its wingwaves automatic door guide

phew! Iā€™m fine. butā€¦ have to do something first

BUMP!

1 Like

Bumpity Bump Bump

1 Like

you be bumpin a lot of topics :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed

how can you check if a new user joins the forums without looking through topics manually @WolfTechnology?

Check my bio if u want wolf :wink:

edit: TWO JOSHES?

1 Like

You can check the users section, or click on the admin dashboard and select trust level and date j0ined. And will check that now.

Im super happy that you find me as your idol! That and ye, an ally of you would be great!

1 Like

Its just either an alt of it is a user claiming to be them, check and see if there email is josh@gimkit.com

And I added you to the trustworthy and chill people on my bio @Caternaught .

1 Like

I built an automatic door but when it didnā€™t automatically open I panicked. So I used a bumper car to break down the door.

1 Like

automatic bump (whenever checkbox is clicked) :]
also replying will make it not work