How to make a simple fishing system AND Loot Tables [SIMPLIFIED, UPDATED, AND WITH PICTURES] 4/10

Wait, why didn’t you just use vending machines connected to each other. It lags a little bit, but gives all the cash without using as much memory.

2 Likes

less laggy. im working on another no-blocks selling system using properties instead of spamming the vending machine to reduce lag

2 Likes

Cant’ you do, get property + 1?

2 Likes

Wait, why aren’t they using an inventory item manager?

3 Likes

What channel does the Popup receive a signal from to open the Popup?

1 Like

I think those are channels in “The Fishing”
grayfish, greenfish, redfish, bluefish and purpfish open the popup and grant the item.

3 Likes

That’s what I did with my version so I’d assume it’s right

3 Likes

Bump, and while I assume this is past its editing limit, you can greatly optimize it by having one variable that measures inventory value, and then a bunch of item granters that just remove -9999999999 items of each saleable item.
The actual fishing can – within the blocks – increment the inv value property based on the value of the fish caught.
Then, when sold, the value property gets added to whatever currency you’re measuring.
This gets rid of a ton of blocks in the item removers.

2 Likes

It is a good guide, but i am stuck at the part were we do the pop ups. There is no screen shots so i dont understand what to do.

1 Like

@Kay_Kay Can you be more specific?

1 Like

Its the pop ups were you say what you catch or if you need more bait. im stuck there

1 Like

Do you mean the images, or when it shows up?

1 Like

Yes when it shows up

1 Like

So, you know the Block Code in “The FISHing”? When it receives on ‘greenfish’, your GREEN Fish popup should open up! Same with the others

1 Like

but how do i make the pop up? What do i put in its settings?

1 Like

Get the popup device from Devices. Set the Title “You caught a Green Fish!”, the Content whatever funny message you want, the Call to Action number 1 “Close” Number two “Fish Again”(transmits on ‘fishing’ when pressed, I’m pretty sure), icon in all options is item/green fish. Just edit it to work for all the other fish.

1 Like

Thankyou ill do it!!

1 Like

also is there any wiring i need to do?

1 Like

For the popups? No, the channels work fine!

1 Like

for the fishing, you can just make a big button that has a big space out interaction in the middle of the pond

1 Like