How to Make a Passcode: (No Block Code!)

In this guide I will show a way I found to make a passcode using counters with NO BLOCK CODE! WARNING: this looks pretty messy while building and takes a long time to make. It also uses a lot of memory. But if you are like me and hate block code, you should use this guide. Anyways:

For this guide I am going to do a three-digit code, but you could do however many you want. The I am using will just be simple, using 2-4-6 as the code.

first you need a counter. put this wherever you want the first number in your code to be. Then click it and put the settings like this:

Counter 1 Settings

Everything should stay the same except for: Use target number - target number should be 2 (first digit of your code). Player scope should be set to player, you should increase counter on channel increase1 and decrease on decrease1. When target number reached, transmit on channel 1stdigitcorrect.

Next you will need to put the buttons to increase and decrease the counter. Make 2 buttons, one should say Increase Counter and the other should say Decrease Counter. Both buttons should be set to instant interaction time (so that it goes more quickly for higher numbers). The increase button should transmit on Increase1 and the decrease button should transmit on Decrease1.

Next, put an item granter somewhere nearby so that it grants a golden key. It should grant when receiving on 1stdigitcorrect. Now we have a working counter system that will grant an item when the target number is reached.

But there IS a problem. Every time an item is granted, a notification pops on your screen, saying “[item] +1”. We need to get rid of that or people will just try every number until the notification appears. So just go to devices and get an item manager. Set it to manage the golden key, and then set notifications to “off”. Now you won’t get a popup!

But oh, wait, there is still another problem. If you got it to the target and got the item, you could still go higher or lower and keep the item! So to fix that we can add two more counters with counter scope set to player, and we still want them both to increase and decrease on the same channels, Increase1 and Decrease1.

But for these 2 counters, the target number will need to detect when a player CHANGES from the real first code digit. Therefore, we need to make the target number for the 1st of these 2 counters, (which I call the increase counter, since it will detect when a player goes OVER the target number on the original counter), 3, since in this case, the first digit of the code is 2.

Then make the channel that this will transmit on when the target value reached something like 1stdigitwrong. Then get another item granter and set it to grant a golden key - BUT -1 golden key so that you lose it. Make the channel to grant on 1stdigitwrong. Then use that other counter and set it the exact same way - same channels, same scope - except that it’s target value will be 1, (one less than 2, so we can detect when someone DECREASES the counter away from 2.) Now we have made it so that when you put the correct number for the first digit of the code, it grants you an item, (but doesn’t notify you!) and if you increase or decrease off of the correct first digit, that item is taken away.

Next we need to do this same thing, (but with different channels, target numbers, and items, obviously). Now, you DO need to pay attention to using different items to grant, or else it will get… weird.

For example, if your first digit was 2, then you would need to have a counter that would have a target number of 3 to detect when the player goes over, right? For 6, you will need a counter which has a target number of 5. And when it reaches that target number it will take away your item (if you have it already) right? So then if the next digit is 6, you will have to put in the number 5 in order to get to 6. But if this is the 2nd digit, then you may already have the 1st digit correct. And if you do, then you will already have a golden key (or whatever item you are using). And THAT’S a problem because when you get to 5 it will take that item away, and now, even if you have the correct first digit, you won’t have the item any more. ( OH NO!)

So yeah, just to the counter - button - item granter system again for as many more times as you have digits left in your code. Now, if you have done that, then you will need a button that the interaction message says “Check Code” or something. It should transmit on checkcode.

Then you will need a checker that will check on a signal from checkcode. It should run as many unique checks as you have digits in your code. (If you have more than five digits, then you will need another checker that checks when all the first checks pass) But as for the original, since our code is 3 digits, we will set it to 3 checks and the check only passes when all the checks pass.

All checks should check for the item amount and each check should check for 1 of the items that are being granted. When the checks all pass it should transmit on correctcode.

Lastly, you will need a barrier blocking the way to pass with the settings at deactivate on correctcode and the scope should be player. And there you have it! We just created a passcode with no block code at all!

This is my first guide, if there is a problem, please say so in the comments! :slight_smile:

• 1/10
  • 2/10
  • 3/10
  • 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10
  • 9/10
  • 10/10
0 voters
6 Likes

My goodness. First of all, uh… please separate your “paragraphs” more, and add pictures, because this is a LOT of reading. Second, this is really smart. I love the use of items to account for properties, @ClicClac would love that, and your first guide is great!

8 Likes

ok thank you for the feedback!

You could use pictures to explain this more easier.

2 Likes

Ok! thank you, i will try

2 Likes

This is a cool guide, but the player could just look in their inventory and look for the item. Maybe a property would be better?

I see you have gotten a few suggestions for adding pictures so I won’t say anything about that, but I do think this is an amazing First guide (Like this is REALLY good)! I do think you should use more of these hide details arrows.

Hide details

What were you looking for here?!

Was it this???

I also like the fact that you drive home the point of

I don’t know a lot about block coding and I look for guides like this. (They are running scarce!) Overall this is a great guide!!

1 Like

Search: Essence of Block Code. I can’t copy and paste for some reason. Sorry.

Thank you I will be sure to use this resource!

1 Like

The passcode is: B U M P E D - P O S T

1 Like

New passcode set

type A
Ariaset redark
Ininitializing...

'Bump'
2 Likes