How to make a Day/Night System (Outdated Use new one)

This guide is no longer up to date. New guide: How to make a Day/Night System Revised and Improved

17 Likes

I bet this will be very helpful when making my survival map, Thank you
Approved

10 Likes

Nice guide! I would recommend separating the steps into a numbered list, just to make it easier to read.

4 Likes

Ok, I will thank you for the suggestion.

4 Likes

I would also recommend pressing enter after each step so they have their own lines. It looks good, though!

3 Likes

Will do that too thanks again.

4 Likes

It looks great! I think it’s a very interesting mechanic to try out! I wonder if I could find a way to have the light change over the course of day…

5 Likes

Yeah I agree. I might make a part 2 of this guide to add dawn, and dusk. And sleeping through the night.

3 Likes

For the night you could use a chalk board, make it 100% black, and change the transparency depending on how dark you want it, and make it really big.

4 Likes

Nice Guide, @Theaxolotl!

You can also shade it something like this:

3 Likes

I didn’t think of that. Also I would say that is a bit too dark. But at the end of the day you can customize your own usage of it in any way you like.

4 Likes

Make it less transparent and see if it helps. (or at least suggest it in the guide. If you want I’m not trying to pressure you)

2 Likes

You should change it in layers sk that the night barrier is above all the props and stuff. It looks more realistic, but nice guide!

6 Likes

The only thing about that is that this is about a mechanic for a survival map. Not really a theme. (Sorry I didn’t realize that you were talking about the comments.

3 Likes

Click on the link. There’s a comment there with a night time thing.

3 Likes

Oh okay thanks @WhereIsMyHat.

2 Likes

Idk how to do that. (Otherwise I would.)

2 Likes

It’s in the hud. It’s called “layers”. Find the barrier, and then click the three dots. Choose the option, “move to above layer”.

2 Likes

I knew the layers existed before your post, but it took me way to long to know the layers existed :rofl:

3 Likes

Nice guide!

1 Like