How to make a cutscene [Difficulty: 🟩 ]

So this guide is one of the ways you can make a cutscene. To start off, Im going to be using my guide: How to make a Working Gun! . This guide will start with my working gun guide so if you are going to use it, make sure you do all of the steps in it.

Step 1:
Use my guide:How to make a Working Gun!
Gun26

Step 2:
Move the button up a bit and create a barrier that covers all of the devices used.

Step 3:
Copy the big barrier and make the copy smaller. Turn off the outline and place the barrier over the button. Make sure the copy is the same color as the original big barrier. :
Cutscene2

Step 4:
Configure the barrier so that it activates on the Shoot broadcast and deactivates on the Shoot5 broadcast:

Step 5:
add 2 movement meters. Configure one of them so that the movement speed is 0 on the Shoot broadcast and configure the other movement meter so that the movement speed is 1 on the Shoot 5 broadcast
Cutscene5
Cutscene6

There you have it. Thats how you make a cutscene in GKC. Hope you like this Guide!

14 Likes

Nice guide! I could use this!

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Nice guide! Note that you can still move inside barriers if you are in it while it activates, so unless that’s intentional you might have to use a movement meter instead.

4 Likes

Thank you! Also which barrier are you talking about? Im a little confused

1 Like

This one

1 Like

Nice guide!

1 Like

Nice guide!

1 Like

Oh yeah that’s on purpose so that the smaller barrier matches the bigger one so you cant see the player during the cutscene.

Thank you and thank you @wingwave

You’re welcome! Do you know if there are any other ways to make cutscenes, like ones that don’t involve a gun, etc?

1 Like

Yep just make any animation and hook it up to a button so that when it’s clicked the animation plays.

Could you record and post a video of it working, i want to see it in action. And great guide!

1 Like

Nice Guide! I’ve been thinking of a way to do this for a while, but couldn’t ever figure it out. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

oooh yes brilliant idea

2 Likes

Ofc! I’ll record it as soon as I can!

1 Like

Thank you!