How to make a Boat(2 guides) Difficulty 0/10 or ⬜

Ok, this is my first art guide(or guides, you could say), so I’m not sure that it will turn out too good, but I hope you like it!

Note: It can be any color, you don’t need to follow mine. Also, the Sail Boat is easier to build, but it is also fun.

Making a Motor Boat

Place down five signs, two of them one of the pointed ones, and 3 of them the rectangular ones. Like this:

Now, place down three Metal Signs, the rectangular ones, and put them together like this:

Now, get the medium sized metal sign(the covered one in the picture above), and size it really small and put it on the Metal parts(This is a button, and you can do as many as you like) like this(You can color them like I did):

Get a Small Snow Pile and resize so it fits behind the metal sign like this(I would recommend tinting it Black):

Now, fit the ‘boat’ and the motor together, like this:

If you’re wondering, the small black thing at the motor is an add-on I, well, added on, and you can do it too. It is just the long, small, metal sign tinted black and resized.

Optional: Boat Screen

I mean the thing at the front of the boat, the glass. You can add it if you want. I will show you how right now:

Now get this guy:

Flip him and resize it so it’s this big:

Now, attach the broken glass to the front of your boat like this:

After that, get two wooden poles(The thickest one) and tint them and resize them(and put them down) so they are like this(Note: You might want to make the broken glass smaller):

That’s it! You’re done with the motor boat!

Making a Sail Boat

Okay, to start, do the same exact step as the first step of making a Motor Boat, this:

Now, place down a metal pole and make sure that it is covered by the signs:

Get to Pointed Wooden Signs and Put them together and resize them like this:

Now, put the two signs on the pole, and make sure that the layers are correct:

Optional: Making a line that 'mans' the sail

This is the harder part of making a Sail Boat.
First, pile wooden signs to make something like this:
Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 2.48.10 PM

Now, make a line out of metal poles, like this:
Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 2.50.17 PM

Place a button here and change the message to ‘Turn Sail’. Wire the button to a wire repeater that deactivates the button and wire the button to another button that has the same message. Make sure to do the same thing to your second button, and make sure that when one of the buttons is pressed, the other is activated:
Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 2.54.00 PM
Also, make one button deactivated on game start.

Wire one button to the first two-sign sail, hiding them, and wire the SAME button to the pile, showing them. I forgot to mention, make the pile NOT visible on game start. In the end, we will place them on top of each other. Do the opposite for the second button, making the pile hidden, and making the original show:

Now for the last step. Place the buttons on top of each other and the separate sails on top of each other, like this:

You should be able to turn the sail now.

You’re done with the Sail Boat now!

I hoped you liked this!
-@Blizzy

8 Likes

Great guide, I would have never thought to use signs as a base for prop art!

3 Likes

Thanks! I was making a Stranded! map when I made this.

4 Likes

That sounds fun, what is the gist of it?

2 Likes

Well, escape the island. You’re supposed to make a boat to escape.

3 Likes

I want the player to be able to choose if they want to make a motor boat or a sail boat.

3 Likes

Ok, that sounds super fun! Will you post when it’s done?

2 Likes

You can’t post game codes here. I might post it in the wixsite, though

2 Likes

OK, I will be watching for it, whats’s its name?

2 Likes

The link is there to the wixsite

2 Likes

Just Stranded! But I might not have enough time to finish it.

2 Likes

Nice art guide, @Blizzy! I made my board out of 1 enlarged arrow sign, nothing compared to yours.

4 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for adding the difficulty! @wingwave

2 Likes

No problem! I’m always happy to help!

4 Likes

I love the art! :heart_decoration:

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Amazing guide! Love how you incorporated the line that mans the sail.

1 Like

This is my first, so I didn’t know how well it would turn out. :sweat_smile:

Do you mind if I use your idea?