How to Make a Backyard | TUTORIAL | Difficulty:🟦

STEP ONE

I’m using the house I made in this tutorial: How to Build a House

STEP TWO

Behind the house, add fences around where you want the backyard to be.

STEP THREE

To make it so that you can open and close the fence to get in and out, select one of the fences and edit it as shown.

STEP FOUR

Then place a button in front of the fence you just selected and edit it so that when it’s pressed it transmits on the channel “open fence.”

STEP FIVE

Then wire it to a wire repeater and make the wire settings as shown in the photo.

STEP SIX

Then wire the wire repeater back to the button and set it so when the pulse is received it deactivates the button.

STEP SEVEN

Then create another button on top of that one. Make sure this one is NOT available on game start, and that it activates on the channel open fence.
Once you’ve done that, place a new wire repeater to the button and make the wire’s settings the same as in step five. Then, wire the repeater to the button and edit the wire’s settings as shown in step six.

STEP EIGHT

Decorate the backyard by placing patches of dirt in places and flowers scattered across the terrain. Then add trees near the edge of the backyard. You can even add other props like a shovel or pitchfork to help create story!

STEP NINE
Screenshot 2023-09-11 3.10.44 PM
Enjoy!

3 Likes

Nice job! I added a difficulty. You might want to get in the habit of adding them.

1 Like

This does use devices so I think it’s higher than :white_large_square:. I would suggest :green_square:.

Hey, @Chong! Are you interested in maybe compiling your art guides?

1 Like

Don’t you mean :blue_square:?

@Cameron_Sharer Oh, good idea! Maybe I should!

@wingwave did lololol

Is that still a thing?

Yes it is

Okay then, yes I guess.

Yeah. Mainly for things with few devices that everybody understands, but is not art.

1 Like

Sorry about that, art guides are usually :white_large_square:, and I thought this one would be too, as it contains barely any devices.

1 Like

Yes! Thanks for doing my idea!

1 Like

@wingwave Oh, that’s okay!! Don’t worry about it :smiley:

@lonewolf0230 of course! It was really fun :smiley: :slight_smile:

Nice job @Chong! Cool backyard

1 Like