How to Get Ranks at the End of a Race 🟨

Please Misquote Me- @mysz!.. Hey-Off Topic-@WhoAmI.

7 Likes

I think I’m honored that you thought it was a @ClicClac worthy guide…

12 Likes

Wait why does it say @ClicClac I wrote @Im_Pretty_Cool no cap

6 Likes

QJ never tells cap no cap/

5 Likes

What’s PRB? Proud Racing Bananas?

6 Likes

Prolonged Rocket Boost

4 Likes

Oh okay. That would need a lot of work. Zones, perhaps?

3 Likes

Wouldn’t a PRB just be increasing your speed for a bit, then resetting it to your original speed hopefully stored in a property somehwere?

1 Like

Yes, but zones to figure out the movement for the boost (Starting on 2)

1 Like

No wait: barrier, inventory item manager/checker detecting 0 of a certain item
Alright, in theory:
add barriers around the start
counters
movement meters
checkers
If the player runs out of the boost item in the time of counting down from 2 to 1, set speed to 1.5 for ____ seconds.
Movement meters activate on 2 and deactivate on race start.

1 Like

I already had Rocket Start down. The funny thing is, PRB is a bug in Mario Kart DS. It’s also a state, not a speed. Thanks for trying to help, though!

4 Likes

I have no idea what you guys are talking about lol

1 Like
Kart Customization?
  • Yea
  • Nah

0 voters

1 Like

It’s the thing where you do many mini turbos and somehow you can drive over terrain right?

5 Likes

ê

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFED#EACDDDDDCBDCCCCCBACBBBBABG#EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFED#EACDCBDCBACBAG#BAECAFEDBAG#BA.
1 Like

@Zypheir time! PRB is the state of being able to keep the extremely fast speed that comes with boosting at the right time, and all the effects that go with that. Think of the Rocket start as a property: if true: you get to go extremely fast. If false: you move normal. Normally, the Rocket start is very short, and only allows for a quick second of speed. However, if you mini turbo right after you get the Rocket boost, the speed is kept, and the property is kept true. One of the unforeseen consequences of this is that your Kart does not slow down when going off road, allowing for faster times, and straighter lines. PRB timing is usually VERY strict. The kart with the most lax timing in the game, the Dry Bomber, only gave you one second to mini turbo before you lost the state. Since it is an integral part of MKDS, I wanted to add it to Gimkit. Any questions?

1 Like

Closes in 76 years…

2 Likes

Oh no, better vote quick!

9 Likes

Whoa this is cool!! This is helpful for my racing map but looks a little complicated because Im not good at block coding or properties and stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks, block code and properties may seem daunting at first, but you’ll definitely get better as you spend more time on it!

4 Likes