How To Cut Wires (GROUNDBREAKING TECH)

Channels are super useful though!

That phrase tends to summon a lot of annoyed gims…

would cutting channels work similarly?

(@Apoll02 foreshadowing alert. i happen to think that wires-)

I am very bad with channels and don’t know how to use them, that is why I don’t use them

It’s just a wire, but you can’t see it. And a bit more. Just start with that for now.

I will try…

I don’t delve too much into this, but I’m pretty sure it’s a bit different. Instead of just spamming a channel with recursion, you have to spam the channel you want cut before it locks only that channel. If you needed this in a build though, you could just deactivate a trigger for a tenth of a second before using a second channel or wires once that activates again.

Yeah, you cut channels by using the same mechanism, but you have to hook it like the wire cutter.
That means a recursive trigger sends to two different recursive triggers that both have a channel output that you’re trying to cut.

1 Like

It’s a free wire inside of a device. The good part about it is that It costs 0 memory. You should use it. Also don’t worry if you don’t get it now. When GKC first came out, I had to beg a classmate to tell me about channels, but now I am much better than them at GKC.

“free wire” as in like being able to deactivate a device inside of itself?

@eiqcrmeliutgwhc Actually yes. For example, let’s say that you have a overlay that when clicked transmits on close. Now go to settings and for the setting that hides the overlay put in close. When you click on the overlay it disappears. This also works for other things as well.

I try too hard with this stuff

bump because groundbreaking

I think this might be an example of tick supression.

1 Like

Nowhere near. If you read the post more in detail, you’d see me talking about the wire cap, which is a limit of 350 wire pulses per second. We can’t go past that, but this mechanism hits that cap in one press.

2 Likes

Bump

but… you used channels. Isn’t that the entire point of wires? To not use channels?

This is how to cut wires not “use wires instead of channels”

but the whole point of adding wires into the game was to be an alternative to channels

You can also make a trigger in-between the wire, that deactivates when you want the wires to cut

Team Gimkit should have made a Wire Cutter device or smth. So you could stop stuff from happening