How to Create Fall Damage in GKC Platforming! (5/10 🟧)

Confession:
I don’t have gkc platforming, so I can’t officially test it out. But I tested this in the 2d normal map, where I “simulated” falling by moving down, then stopping after an interval. But it worked!

So I am 99.99% sure this would work.

Also, It would be really helpful if someone could test something for me.

What to Test

Input this system

Go to Infinite Trigger #1
Go to the block code you already put in.

Add this block of code.

Report to me the result

Note: If you’re lazy and don’t want to do all this, you can skip the damager device steps.

2 Likes

who are you?

never heard of you.

3 Likes

I DID THAT TOO! but I had a friend who had platformer who tested my system and it worked

2 Likes

sure let me do that right now.

2 Likes

Who’s spedo?

1 Like

idk but i added them :)

2 Likes

This is a really cool idea! Everybody should add this into their DLD games! But 1 suggestion: add in a way to cancel the fall damage like a water system. Use a zone to override the fall damage, and then a blue barrier without collision for the water! (so that way people can add this to their games and still be able to add in dropper sections)

5 Likes

Ik, a responsible person would do dat! ;)

1 Like

hmmmmmmmmmmm…

above satisfactory guide!
(@speedy_kd4, crisis on the thingy padlet is averted, but you do want to check it)

2 Likes

To do this all you need is to place a zone that is slightly above the water floor

Make it broadcast on “delayed_notfalling”

1 Like

w guide.

1 Like

POV: Trying to build it
:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

1 Like

This is sick! Really glad to see a technical guide amid the massive influx of art guides from the new tag. I will admit, this made me hop on Gimkit for the first time in months.

quick trigger loop note

you don’t need the repeaters :sob:
all you need is a trigger to make an infinite loop; what you did here was completely unnecessary
as far as issues go, it’s a quite trivial one, but something to keep in mind nonetheless

6 Likes

ah yes. the thing is, most gkc beginners use wires
they dont understand channels

(tbh, i realized this when i wuz constructing the system, and started insulting myself for not using that in my previous maps)

3 Likes

bibbity bompity bump (I was looking for this)

2 Likes

Bump* ow! I fell down :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

hey could any one help me with something from this?

Sure, what do you need help with?

1 Like

@Cellofive, do you have the gimkit discord?

No

@wingwave !!!
gives hug

1 Like