How to Create Conversations in Your Gimkit Map | TUTORIAL | Difficulty:🟨

Hello, hello! I thought it would be cool if I showed you how to make conversations in your quest/etc. maps. I’m going to show you how to add dialogue as well as adding buttons to click. (You can use those to make the player talk, or just to continue the conversation.)
Now, without further ado, let’s get started!
STEP ONE

Find the spot where you want the character to be that the player will talk to.
STEP TWO

Make a sentry by clicking + > Devices > Sentry.
STEP THREE

Once the Sentry is made, put it on Team 1, Respawn 0 seconds, and name it whatever you want!
STEP FOUR

Next create a button by clicking + > Devices > Button.
STEP FIVE

Place the button on top of the sentry. This is so that when the player walks up to the sentry, they will be able to press the button to talk to it.
STEP SIX

Adjust the settings of the button so that the message says “Talk to (Sentry’s Name)”. Make the channel whatever you want, but make sure that the button is NOT visible in game.
STEP SEVEN

Now make a popup by clicking + > Devices > Popup. Make the header text the name of your sentry. Make the content text whatever you want the sentry to say. For “Open popup when receiving on,” select the channel name that you chose in step six. And be sure to make the popup style BANNER.
STEP EIGHT

Now it’s time for additional dialogue and adding options for the player to speak. In the editing menu for popup, click on “Call to Action.” Then, you can make the label CLICK TO CONTINUE or you can give the player choices to speak to the sentry. There can be a maximum of 2 choices.
In the Call to Action channel, name it whatever you want.
STEP NINE

Next you can make another popup. Follow the same settings except make the channel the same as the one that you chose in step eight.
STEP TEN

Now for how to end the conversation. On the last popup of the conversation, go to call to action and then make the label CLOSE or X. This doesn’t need a channel, and pressing on the call to action will immediately close the popup.
CONCLUSION
I hope this was useful! Let me know if there are any more tutorials you’d like me to make. :smiley:

13 Likes

Great guide, and welcome to the forums.

2 Likes

This is a really good guide @Chong, Welcome to the Forum!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! If you want multiple teams to interact, then you might want to use barriers to stop the sentry from shooting them.

2 Likes

Or a no-shooting zone

2 Likes

Yes, I didn’t think about that! Thanks for the tips! :smiley:

3 Likes

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Nice guide @Chong!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Chong! Check out the beginner-must-read and forum-tips for more help! Nice guide!

2 Likes

Nice, but it would be good if you included that if you didn’t wan’t the sentry to fire you can set a zone that says no weapon fire. Good overall though.

3 Likes

Great first guide! People who’s first posts are guides are always exciting.

3 Likes

Thank you!! :smiley:
By the way, if anyone has any ideas for another tutorial I could do that’d be great.