How to Create a Save File For Your Players

PCPs.

1 Like

what do you mean? you can certainly copy properties, but you gotta rename 'em and stuff.

I still have no idea what PCPs are lol I’ve never known

edit: just saw the guide, still kinda confused but sure

Basically the number is stored in the counter until we need the number. we get extra properties by linking multiple counters to the same property to make the data in the counter be extractable.

So would this work for a multi player game? Would they have independent saves or just one collective on?

They would have independent saves – each save property is scoped to player. I guess you could have a collective save, but that would be in special circumstances.

3 Likes

Okay! Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

shouldn’t it be called: “RTDF”(reach the disco floor)
bum bump TSSssss

1 Like

so would this work if you close the tab and play the game an HR later on a different tab?

2 Likes

That’s the idea!

1 Like

Nice guide! This is pretty helpful for games that can’t be played all at once!

2 Likes

Pretty cool bro!!!

3 Likes

bump

2 Likes

So it like a pass world type thing.

1 Like

Assuming you’re saying it’s a password, sorta.

You put in a number and things happen.

So yes, you could argue that they are functionally adjacent.

2 Likes

Sorry I just finished playing an NES game with a localization error. password is what I meant.

1 Like

Very good guide, also I like the part about the player being to lazy to finish the game which would take less than 5 seconds to play lol

2 Likes

Well, can’t people just type 99999 as their save code to get a bunch of everything? (I am too lazy to read the “implementing you save state” part) Tell me if I’m wrong. Maybe we can use a encryption algorithm?

The properties wouldn’t necessarily each have an absolute best value at 9, or even a better one at 9. That’s not how the code works. Yes, you can also just run a basic encryption on it, should fix any problems you might have. I said that in the guide.

3 Likes

Wait what? But @josh is the developer! Why should you not believe him?

1 Like