How do you skip lines in block text

Because it could reduce the memory for displays from nearly ~50,000+, to a measly ~1000 memory.

1 Like

like wdym like putting spaces between text or like creating a whole new message after one is done?

The idea is to generate the following text with block code:

this is a line
this is also a line

hmmm so basically just like pressing enter and creating a new line?

1 Like

Yes.

I thought of an idea. Can you overwrite a property value from inspect to be a newline, then combine the property in blockcode?

By inspect, do you mean inspect element? Iā€™ll see? Iā€™ll have to find the property values firstā€¦

Go to network in inspect, and enter a creative game. Click the WS button.
Only one result should show, click it. Go to messages and set the sort option to ā€œsendā€.
Change the property. Right click the bottom-most binary message and copy it as UTF-8.

It should look something like this:
You want to use window.stores.network.room.send(ā€œPLACE_DEVICEā€, {json}) to change the defaultValueText to a newline. I canā€™t overwrite on my PC though to use window.stores

Ok, give me a second.

Edit: canā€™t edit it.

*window.stores.network.room.send(ā€œPLACE_DEVICEā€, {json})
And I believe that these checks are enforced server-side, so this most likely wonā€™t work. I can only think of one time the server-side checks ever failed.

It might. I mean, I doubt itā€™s an intentional feature to prevent new lines.

Also, fixed my post thanks! :slight_smile:

Yes. It would just me hard to measure relative length

I should probably mention- text properties can hold multiline text, block code cannot. Nobody has figured out how to edit blocks, since placing blocks is more complex than placing devices (or maybe nobody has tried yet, one of the two).

I think blockly supports a multiline text block, so I assume that the normal text block is directly stopped from holding multiline text values.

server sided clients can be edited but it requires an injection method if i remember some of the methods i saw on some modding forums

Otherwise known as hacking, which in this case is otherwise known as illegal.

oki

Itā€™s just a dict of json data per block, and each block/string has a constant ID (I just checked). First thereā€™s a request to connect to block object though. But I meant setting a text property to contain a multiline and an invisible character through JS, then using a create text with block and add the property into a text.

Oh wait- I got the text property confused with the text block. This is wrong/unproven.

Iā€™ll go test this, since I have some code I can use to try and do this.

:+1:

Alright- I just tested, and placing a property with a \n character works!

1 Like