How do you skip lines in block text

Such is the complaints of an ignorant gim, not knowing that GKC is geared toward beginners and supposed to be simple and easy to use…

3 Likes

Such is the ignorance of the basic gims who don’t realize the ease of the transition to list format…

Such is the “wisdom” of a gim that wants more mechanics to confuse new gims which could bring the downfall of GKC…
To be honest, I think we are accelerating too fast in skill, and not paying attention to the fact that there are new gims, who have increasingly higher and higher standards to be accepted as a good helper. This means that fewer and fewer new gims will stay.

3 Likes

such is the haughtiness of those gims who cannot fathom multitudes of complexities wrought into a single form, such that something – seemingly insignificant – could cause possibilities abound for the greater good of the many

1 Like

Did you even read what I said?
My point is, there are new gims who might not have the time to catch up if we keep on pushing for the advancement of complexity.

Some video games die out because the skill level of the user base increases and increases, and there are no more new players that can match the skills of the player base.
So @Shdwy try to make everything harder for the new gims? We have many things we can do without being complex that aren’t tried yet. (Pun intended.:

of course we shouldnt push base complexity, that would absolutely drive away a large portion of the playerbase. My point is that there are ways around that, like adding an “advanced” category to the blocks.
Also, quantum mechanics are not necessary for any young kid to learn, they’re for people who want to play in gimkit but also have done everything there is – at least seemingly – to do.

your point is valid, but I’m stating that it’s not a complete block against anything advanced, we merely need to figure something out to help both populations of players.

this a core component of game development, satisfying all playerbases as much as possible. The larger ones always recieve first priority, but eventually the others should be gifted some new toys to play with, or the game will lose players and in this case basically have a skill cap where people just leave once they hit a certain point

Makes sense, but at least wait for Josh and his team to finish the don’t look down update before we push for more updates, they get so many suggestions and are really doing a good job of adding new updates. It really is a hard job for a small team to handle so many suggestions from so many different people, and I think they are doing great.

3 Likes

And I think a lot of people ask for help but don’t really understand why the solution works, and we need to focus on the new people first since we have a lot of those.

of course!

we can also convert them :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, after a while if we teach them well we can.

Adding text operations doesn’t make anything harder. It just increases what we can do.

Yeah, later I adjusted why I thought we shouldn’t push for it too much in another post because we should at least wait for the new update, I think Josh is overworked with all these suggestions.

Welp, I guess Gimkit wasn’t made for such advanced block coding (yet). I just hope that Gimkit adds text-code instead of blocks.

4 Likes

they might add a setting for it… probly not though

the painful part is that this isnt even advanced, the part that we’re stuck on is MULTI-LINE TEXT :((((

1 Like

That is so true. Welp, I guess all we can do now is wait.

2 Likes

Blockly actually has support for this, they basically just need to copy paste in the code blockly provides.

3 Likes

Ikr? The absence of script gives me PHYSICAL PAIN

so ur making a mini map right?

What about something like this so they get teleported to the map so they can view it

It might not be helpful but it could be

yeah, thats one way to go about it

i mean we don’t really NEED a minimap, especially given the miniscule utility they provide, so it’s more of a want than a need