How do you skip lines in block text

Text objects don’t wrap text when a line of text is too long…

You mean the text device?

Yes.

Game overlays do. All of them

Meet my friend segmenting lines.

Can you explain?

Different text device for each line.

Yes, that is the current solution I use. However, when making a display these setups can use upwards of 16,000 memory, which is really annoying since most the time it is just one or two blocks per device.

:eyes:

there we go there we go

i mean, that’s not ideal, but if you want to give the player a whole upper bar instead of just a sidebar, that works!

Best: make multiple rotating overlays.

How would that show a minimap though?

also, the text wrapping thing seems to work if you just have text with spaces instead of JUST spaces, even for buttons n stuff

oh lol mb

It takes up the top part though.

It was a joke.

have you tried \n? it’s the universal code for starting a new line but who knows if it will work

I don’t think it does.

sheesh gimkit is really making everything to do with text hard for us

It doesn’t. Neither does attempting to paste in \n as a unicode character.

Yeah. Text is basically useless in GKC unless it’s already prepared and you don’t store anything there.

I think the devs didn’t add more text operations because they wanted to keep it simple. Little did they know how much more complex it would make things…

3 Likes

yeah, now we’re trying to recreate the unicode system just so that we can have text operations

such is the life of us lowly gims… content to writhe in pain as the heavenly fingers of our creators play with us as they please, removing our basic and pure capabilities to soothe our worries, but only increasing them sevenfold…

1 Like