How do you make it so if a property is a certain value for over a second it transmits on a channel?

i need this for my game

Can you explain it in a simpler way? :3

if a property is 0 for over a second, it transmits on a channel

You mean sends a signal to a channel?

1 Like

yes please thats what i was thinking

Oki dokey! You mean with counters too?

1 Like

yeah it when it sends the signal, it decrements a channel

1 Like

Maybe wiring it to the channel, and set it to decrement. Try it :3

1 Like

that was what i tried to do, but it did not work

1 Like

Oki dokey! I’ll try finding a guide with this :3

1 Like

Maybe trying how to make a timer in a kormotian way. Can’t send the link cuz I’m on a tablet. Sry :<

How often does the property’s value change?

im using a live player counter so it really depends

You could have block code check every tenth of a second if the property is over 0. If it passes, add one to another counter (B) connected to a property. If it fails, reset the counter. When the B counter hits 10, broadcast on a channel that also resets the counter.

huh? can you send me a screenshot of everything bc im kinda confused i love ur games btw:)

Make a trigger that triggers itself every .1 seconds. It should both broadcast and receive on “loopPropCheck”. Make a checker that receives on “loopPropCheck” and checks if the property is equal to your value. If the check passes, make it broadcast on “addCount”. If it fails, make it broadcast on “resetCount”. Make a counter with a target of ten. It should increase on “addCount” and reset on “resetCount”. Make the counter broadcast on your channel when it reaches the target. Make the trigger deactivate from the counter’s target channel.

If you want to check this starting on a channel, make a trigger receive on the channel to start this 1 second check, then wire it to the original trigger to activate it. Make a wire repeater. Wire the starting trigger to the wire repeater and then the wire repeater to the repeating trigger to trigger it. Also wire the starting trigger to reset the counter.

1 Like

I won’t have access to GKC for at least a few days.

next time you put a screenshot, make sure to not include/ cover the game c0de

1 Like

Ah yes, the first thing I do when I see a 5 hour old post include a game code in an image is to go to the gimkit join page and enter that code in so I can enter a testing map with all permissions off.

5 Likes

ahh, yes, a five hour old code is definitely still active!
server lifetime doesn’t exist anymore, innit?

3 Likes