How do I make it so when a player reaches a certain amount of an item, it deactivates buttons

Add a lifecycle, wire it to a relay, wire it to a wire repeater, and then to another wire repeater that will wire back to the first wire repeater. Wire the wire repeaters to a checker, and have it check if the player has greater than the amount you want to check minus 1. Finally, wire the checker to a wire repeater and that wire repeater to as many as you want of buttons.

2 Likes

Set a lifecycle and a relay with there default settings. Wire it like this:
Event occurs – Trigger Relay.
Now make a Repeater running at 0.5. It should stop on a channel. Don’t put anything in the channel. Make a checker, with your item, and make it check if it is equal to the amount. Now make it deactivate the button.
Check Passes – Deactivate Button

3 Likes

oops I didn’t see @VALUEX s post

2 Likes

Make sure to mark a solution!

2 Likes

A solution that doesn’t use recursion: Make an IIM edit a property. Make the property trigger the checker.

Why shouldn’t you use recursion? First, QMechs are weird, recursion runs out after 301 cycles, and it can induce lag.

3 Likes

Using a checker will be the easiest way.

Here’s a guide to solutions, which is what you should mark!

1 Like

sorry I was asleep :frowning:

3 Likes

What’s an IIM? And a QMech?

2 Likes

Yeah I had that, but it didn’t reactivate, so I need help reactivating it

1 Like

IIM = Inventory Item Manager, QMech = Gimkit’s Limitations.
you can reactivate that mechanism by setting “when the check fails transmit on” to a channel that will reactivate the buttons.

2 Likes

Ok I will try and do it

1 Like

how do you want it to reactivate?

1 Like

When it like resets the number of bait in their inventory

1 Like

when they reset the bait, just make a inventory item manager for bait. Now wire it so it clears the bait from inventory. Whatever happens – Clear Item. Now Make it activate the button through the same device.

1 Like

An IIM is an inventory item manager. QMechs are stuff that happen really fast. Look at this post:

Can you tell me how to reactivate it after though

Reactivate what?

The buttons

When do you want to reactivate it?

When they sell their fish which will reset the bait in their inventory