How do I make a barrier follow you

I’m making a tennis map but the player is under the map and I will be using a blast ball and use a barrier that follows the player as a tennis racquet. How do I do that without using a lot of memory. Thanks!

1 Like

Use a trigger movement direction detector to make the barrier go up or down.

How does that work. (Sorry i’m stup1d)

I need it to be able to go Forward, Back, Up, and down sorry if i’m asking for so much

@Blackhole927 can you help

Barriers cannot move. They can only be turned on and off to simulate movement

1 Like

barriers can’t move

@Slim is right, but you can make multiple barriers at one place and make a coordinate device that will activate the invisible barriers when the player gets near it.

Only downside: it takes tons of memory.

2 Likes

Is there a memory efficient way

@Tropicool How do I do that. Can you explain how. Thank you

1 Like

so basically put down multiple barriers everywhere. and set them to be invisible at game start. Then make a coordinate device and make it so that when the player gets near a barrier, it will be visible and when the player gets away from it, it will turn invisible.

Does it know the coordinates of the barrier

thattttssssss GimPossible…

Nothing is gimpossible.

Nothing Is impossible.
not GimPossible.

1 Like

mhm…

Stay on topic please. So @Tropicool how could I make it. (Sorry if I sound rude.)

1 Like

Sorry, anyways I think that GKC isn’t yet advanced enough for Moving Devices, and the best we can do now is to suggest it here: Suggest

3 Likes

@Tropicool (sorry for pinging you a lot) Okay so going back to the post about using a coordinate device, how would I make that work with barriers.

Maybe you can make one barrier and one coordinate, then make the coordinate channel to “MOVE” and then the barriers visible channel at “MOVE” and then if that doesn’t work, then it has something to do with blocks Which I’m totally useless at. (I don’t mind the pings btw)

1 Like