How do I make a backspace button for a keyboard?

True. I wonder if we could get extra numbers that way. The only problem is to read it you would have to un-multiply it…

And I can’t make some math for reading the decimal numbers, since the reading system takes advantage of them.

Is this

equivalent to this:

Bfloor(A/B)

Well, both are multiplication, so yes.

Just make like each digit in base n like this:
The nth digit represents the (n+3)th character.

The 3 is an arbitrary choice, so you can shift it however many you need. So you divide by n^(negative position).

I figured it out. Dynamic rank is almost a thing!

Has this been resolved yet?

What is dynamic rank?

Well, the way that I had the game set up, it was made for four people only, like _____Land. One of my goals was to be able to play all my maps with any number of people. Your rank in the race can now be any number between the amount of people present, due to how I set up the mod function. The numerator and denominator are both well, dynamic instead of static.

You can just use the maximum player id as a property, right?

I don’t get why that be hard. Could you explain that a bit more? Like would it account for another player joining, or is it for a custom number of players?

At this point, the entire game (everything I have placed down) works dynamically. I’m using a counter to determine the number of players in the game, and a modified version of @Im_pretty_cool’s racing rank system to get the ranks. All the problems come from people having to do three laps around the same space.

1 Like

You can put in any number of players, and it will always give them their correct rank, even after multiple laps around the track.

Ok. Maybe have like a num_times_crossed property for each checkpoint, and build off of there?

1 Like

im so confused of what is going on I just want a chatting system :skull:

then don’t use this post. it was never resolved, and it’s not a guide. don’t use unresolved help posts as a guide. if you want a chatting system, use this:

This topic was made way before text ops, and now making backspace for a keyboard is pretty easy.

If you want to make one from before text ops, check my linked topic in my profile. If you want to do it the easy way, set a variable to the length of the text minus one, and then set the text property to the text property’s string from 0 to the variable using the text blocks.