How do I make a backspace button for a keyboard?

Both of those problems are easy to solve. Set property LastCharacter to the last key pressed (easy with blocks) and every time a key is pressed, add one to property StringLength.

3 Likes

16 spaces instead of the full 40. That’s still like 100 properties, though.

2 Likes

And then there’s things like rent…

2 Likes

@mysz has me covered.

2 Likes

luckyβ€¦β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž

2 Likes

Here, I prototyped this system that stores next as number code in a number property like 990805121215 in Desmos. It should be possible to do this in creative!

3 Likes

Gimkit creative doesn’t have a mod function, but it is possible to recreate one.

3 Likes

How about Property A is the dividend, and property b is the divisor. If A-B>0, subtract B from A and set a to the answer. Then broadcast on channel O. When a trigger is triggered on channel O, send a wire pulse to the original block. Repeat this until A-B is not greater than zero.

3 Likes

Whatever A is should be C (mod B)

2 Likes

No there’s a cleaner solution:

When mod(A, B)

A - floor(A/B)B

4 Likes

@Blackhole927 did you make any progress?

2 Likes

Huh? That is dense. Can you explain what it does?

2 Likes

So mod is the remainder of a/b, right?

So, by dividing by a by b, flooring the result, and multiplying that by b, we get the nearest multiple of b that is less than a. Then we subtract it from the original number to get the remainder.

3 Likes

What’s the floor function?

2 Likes

The floor function, or greatest integer function, rounds a rational number down to the greatest whole number.

3 Likes

Gimkit has the floor function?

2 Likes

It’s called round down, but yeah

2 Likes

So you figured out how to make the backspace key?

2 Likes

Yeah, the only unknown is that you might have to distribute the string of text over multiple properties, since properties can only store numbers that aren’t too big.

2 Likes

Maybe we could divide the property by a really large multiple of 10, to turn the large property into a really accurate property

3 Likes