How do I know if my game is ready to publish

i would reccomend adding lore.

Basically after you kill a boss there is a teleporter behind that boss blocked by a barrier and after the boss dies the barrier gets disabled. This is the same for all the bosses, so at the end of the 10th boss there’s nothing.

for lore i would do like mabey eternals got trapped in an evil force of the dark one wich would be the last big boss and you have to free them by killing the last boss and finishing the game.

does dat sound good? :upside_down_face:

I might tweak some stuff but I like the idea of a 11th final “big bad” boss

1 Like

Depends on how it would fit into your game

Also though idk how to make the last boss really good because he’s like the main final boss, like I want some unique ability’s

definitely try to get/ make a good thumbnail because that’s what makes people click on your game

Okay how do I make one, do I like draw it or get a picture from google?

a game is ready to publish when you think its good enough that other people will actually play

That’s what I’m confused about I’m in between if its good enough or not, I also don’t want to waste my gim bucks🫣

a lot of people make thumbnails here you could ask them if you didn’t want to draw it yourself

those people are pretty good

They just make thumbnails for people for free, wow that’s nice

well a good thumbnail as @LlamaLady22 said and if the map would be worth playing, don’t expect like 100,000s of people to play maybe 500 and it also helps if your game is sorta on the trend of map modes (idk what it is) but if your game can get them entertianed in the first 5 mins, has a good loby, and has about 10+ mins of play time keeping them intristed the whole time

if you wanted to ask for one though i would probably do it on a padlet because thumbnail-related things create flame wars a lot of the time

Would this be the solution?

i mean maybe its all up to you who gave you the right information or its what you needed

Whenever I make games and playtest them, I try to have a mindset where it is someone who just WANTS to break a game as much as they can. Try breaking your own game, if you think something MIGHT be exploitable, put yourself into the mindset of someone who wants to exploit that, and try and adjust it to be not exploited/less easily exploited

Get a friend or someone you know who is nice enough to playtest for you, and ask them to try and break the game as much as they can.

hello I’m new to this so I’m trying to make a map but I don’t know what to do and how to do it and what to make

1 Like