Help with teleporting

I am trying to make a game similar to Mario Party and I want to create a mini-game system. For that, I need to be able to teleport everyone to a certain location and then after the mini-game is finished, teleport them back to where they were before. So I have 2 questions:

1. Is this possible and how would I do it?
  2. If so, does anyone have any ideas for mini-games?
2 Likes

It is possible. On triggering the event, activate a relay device to all players. Then, make it so that a teleporter teleports all players to itself (or its target)

2 Likes

But what about sending them back to the same spot they were at before the mini-game?

2 Likes

Huh… you could detect what zone they are in
Like this

On trigger

If

Get property value:

Property that detects what zone they are in (Zone#)

=

Do

Broadcast on channel:

Activate teleporter 1 (teleport1)

Else

If

Get property value

Zone#

=

Do

Broadcast on channel:

Teleport2

Else

If

Get property value

Zone#

=

Do

Broadcast on channel:

Teleport3

Else

If

Remember, you can always lengthen the if statement to include else if by touching the setting button on that block

Whenever the teleporter receives their cue, make the teleport there.

2 Likes

Do I have to create zone devices for each space or is it just detecting where they are on the map?

2 Likes

The first one :grimacing: sorry

2 Likes

Okay, thank you for the help anyway, it would be hard to create about 326 zones and put them into an if-else statement. Maybe I should have started off with a smaller board… If you have any other ideas let me know, other wise I may just not do the mini-games.

2 Likes

Or, you could make it so that whenever it advances you increase the property by the number of spaces the move!

2 Likes

What do you mean? (Using up the character min limit)

2 Likes

whatever event you use to make a player move forward, make that event also increase a property

2 Likes

So I’ll just explain my current layout to you the best I can below if you are wondering.

Summary
  1. The player starts off by pressing a button in the lower corner that will make them answer a question.
  2. if they get the question correct then a message will be sent to an item giver
  3. the item giver will then give the player a random amount of an item, the item being the number of spaces that they are able to move.
  4. while they are moving they are stepping on trigger devices that will send a signal to another item giver that will take away 1 of the items
  5. the trigger will also send a signal to a checker which is checking for when the player has no more of that item
  6. if the player can not move any more spaces then the checker will send a signal to a speed modifier which will set the player’s speed to 0
  7. then a button will appear that says End turn
  8. after they press it, another signal will be sent to a counter which will decrease the number by 1 signifying that one more player is done with their turn.
  9. it will also signal a checker that will check if all the players are done.
  10. after all the players are done then they will be allowed to roll again and the process repeats itself.

I wouldn’t want to create a new property for each person playing to detect which space they are on if I don’t have to. Also here is a picture of the current setup if you need it (it is not the entire setup, just a portion).

2 Likes

Make a block like

Set property

Get property value

Space#

Value

Get property

Space#

plus

The random number that is generated

1 Like

What mini-game is it like if it is buying something or reaching a point?

1 Like

But I am not keeping track of how many spaces they have moved, only how many they have left. Would this mean I have to create a new property?

1 Like

Hopefully after each round

1 Like

like what is the mini-game what are you trying to achieve in the mini-game? Such as buying a fish or doing so and so

1 Like

Yes, you would have to do that

1 Like

I don’t know. First I am trying to figure out the teleporting situation because if I can’t then it is not worth figuring out games. Though if you have any ideas I would like to hear them.

1 Like

Okay, though would I also have to create teleporters for each spot as well?

1 Like

Yeah…
I don’t think this is going to be easy…

1 Like