Help with making a moving text system

ik there´s a guide for typewriter text
but for this type of text yeah…
it´ll require some blocks
and maybe a game overlay

1 Like

i´ll start working on this it might be a while

1 Like

ok, I will be waiting (forgot to add that this will have no deadline, btw you have been very helpful, so thank you)

1 Like

ive made progress but not going good so far

I do not think it requires block code its just animation but with text

[WIKI] A guide on gkc animation, and different animations to add to your map! Maybe try that out (will delete this if the guide I added was irrelevant Because I just randomly chose it)

well thats something :skull:
(it just keeps going)

1 Like

oh dear, the pppppppppppppppppppolllllllllice aaaaaaareeeee aaaattttttttttttttaccckkkkkkkiiiing

I would use triggers and repeaters, but I don’t want to use like 100 gave overlays and use half my memory on something that could be one game overlay and a lot of blocks

AYO CHILL

but if nothing works well, I can just use a single game overlay

Im curious tho when the message appears are you able to move? in the actual game your basing your game on?

so, the message appears when the police attack, and disappears when they retreat for reinforcement, the retreat happens at random times, could be after 5 seconds, or could take 10 minutes, but they never leave for good, so you always have to be active in the heist
(In one of my heists I did, I had the message appear for like 3 seconds, then it went away because the police couldn’t get to my location until a task was done)

frick i see whats happening in my code
i cant find a way to get rid of the previous letters that was put in the blank prop
and i dont know what block to use ;-; bruh

Maybe Use many overlays that go like

Poli

ce

So theres overlays that go in a animation order that (kinda) Simulate moving text

Forget that, that may take many I SAY MANY overlays

that would be the quick and choppy way yes
but a bit more memory consuming
so yeah thats one way to do it but im trying to make the animation like the typewriter text of which im basing the blocks off of

but know what u just gave me inspiration for an idea so instead of doing this the complicated way im gonna use something else

maybe use a property that increases, and every number of that property sets it to a certain text

This doesn’t require blocks…
You need a trigger clock, and lots more triggers…
With lots of text…
gtg

1 Like

Moving text/overlay guides exist in this Forum Only You gotta find em