Help with making a computer in gimkit that runs linux

ok then just linux. I I make Linux computer

yeh qwerty layout yeh

You said you need help with making it, which part do you need help with?

1 Like

ok thank you so much bruv.

1 Like

I just thought of something, If you teach an AI chatbot all about Gimkit Could It Possibly tell you how to make something?

2 Likes

As I mentioned in another topic, this would be insanely hard to do, just like the guys who made Minecraft in Minecraft. Like, 1.something TERABYTES, of storage? Thatā€™s just crazy. Some restrictions though are Minecraft has more accessibility features than Gimkit, and also there is a relatively small (compared to what you want to do) storage space. Although this may be almost impossible, if I can get some people to Collab with me, we might look into this :smile:

7 Likes

Any developments?

why hasnā€™t someone got bh in this yet?
heā€™s the one.

1 Like

He was here but Iā€™m not sure where he went, he might have been on the concept topic. He has a habit of privating his postsā€¦ ā€œI was never here.ā€

what does bh mean I have no idea

are you tking about me right now

2 Likes

the screen and logic and stuff

I think that game was made by apoll02

3 Likes

Oh yeah exactly

2 Likes

Blackhole927.
(bold is the BH)

ping the experts of gimkit I suggest.
@mysz @eiqcrmeliutgwhc
among others
sorry for ping

1. @JDAT_Is_Cool how am i grouped with mysz :skull: mysz is wayyyyyyyy better than me and he left :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:
  2. i can only tell you a general idea on what to do, not really how to do it
  3. for the screen, you can either use a text display (like apoll02ā€™s mock-platformer) or donā€™t use one. the text display will be hard and idk how to do it tbh. maybe use player coordinates and update the text display whenever the coordinates update. pretty sure this has been done before but for different uses, but idk, i suck at gkc (i donā€™t really do anything outside of devices and wires)
  4. p a i n
  5. i donā€™t use linux so idk
  6. you want to make a keyboard for the computer
  7. you still want to make gimkit there? (just making sure)
  8. oh
2 Likes

donā€™t ask me why I group you with pie guy ask mah smol brain-
yeah I just think ur an expert

If We wait and see if my computer theory guide gets un archived we can continue this discussion

I have a theory or two to share.

using gimkit code

Since making linux in Gimkit is very complex, you will have to use lots of blocks and lots of code to even port Linux to Gimkit. It may not even be possible due to memory limitations and # of RAM devices have. You will need tons of blockcode and stuff to make it work.

Or you can take the easy way:

Modifying Gimkit's site and making computer art
  1. Make some computer art and freeze the gim in place.
  2. Press play. Freeze the gim in a box so its trapped forever.
  3. Press Inspect after enabling right click.
  4. Go to Google Cloud Console.
  5. Use a docker run -p 8080:80 dorowu/ubuntu-desktop-lxde-vnc command to create a VNC in Google Cloud Console.
  6. Port over to the VNC, then copy the link, and make an Iframe out of it.
  7. Put the iframe over the computer art.
3 Likes