GKC is more than the block menu!

oop I place like 100 in one mini game

1 Like

Uh

That’s a lot of wires. Have you tried channels and wires together?

5 Likes

yup, but you were talking about ONLY wires

1 Like

Yeah. It works, but if you are using 100 wires for a minigame, you might need to rethink how you are making the game.

3 Likes

Basically my mini games are way more complicated than they need to be

1 Like

Yes indeed. Nowadays, half of the maps on discovery have either zero code, outrageously sloppy terrain, or both, and I think they should look at this guide. I think of it as this. Code is the “skeleton,” and design and art are the “skin.” Together, they make up the game’s design and complement each other. Also, I still remember when I got pinged when this came out.

7 Likes

Some of them are worse. Some of the maps just won’t even decorate the whole place. It just looks empty.

2 Likes

I just revised the topic title and tagged it with psa as it is easier to use then using the [PSA] flair in the title.

3 Likes

I just reread this and it’s beautiful!!! It completely captures my current state of mind, where I try not to use blocks. Blocks almost always destroy your memory efficiency.

2 Likes

also, you’re in it.

The knowledge is really growing. Blocks used to be this scary thing that a lot of advanced people knew, but now it feels like a lot of even new users use blocks, and advanced users have learned to try not to use blocks. The tables have turned, because when you’re new or not quite as experienced as an advanced user (like me, i can barely understand what’s going on at this point), you try to use blocks as they’re really really useful. But when you’re advanced, the games you make start taking up more and more memory because of the blocks required, so you know to stop using them. Wow.

5 Likes

I know that lol.

Anyways, the thing about blocks is that you just tell the computer what to do. There’s no implicit logic, like counter activation states and counter comparisons. Blocks are just intermediate since they’re easy to use once you know the language.

3 Likes

yeah, once you know, which can take a while.

My experience with blocks is that rather than avoiding them, you can also just put as much block code into a single block as you can, which allows you to use the convenience of block code while sometimes dipping under the memory that would be used by a non block code system.

3 Likes

Oh yeah!!! I forgot about that!!! But then again, that only works for intermediate level blocks… because if you need to compile a bunch of property setting this, you might as well just use counters instead of using a counter to tell which segment to use.

3 Likes

Yes, but that often isn’t the case.

1 Like

Apollo’s the goat (block segmentation):

3 Likes

Nice guide, it explains more possibilities to gimkit without blocks!

I’m not allowed to eat the icing :frowning: (not metaphorically)

1 Like

i like how this guide is fun, creative and yet effective!

I feel like I’m physical like Wolf.

2 Likes

BUMP

I’m in the physical side, next to the middle.

1 Like