GK8 Unlocks, Speeds Part 2, & Credits

Like go into GKC and look at how it works. I’ve always wanted to make racing, but I’ve abandoned it again and again. So I want to see how you’ve done it.

1 Like

I’ll get pictures later, but the main way that it works is that it 1. tracks your time and position relative to other players, 2. uses those to do a lot of different things, like pull the correct item pool. If you ever want to see it, just ask!

3 Likes

I offer my services as memory saver.

3 Likes

That would probably break my map, even if we tried to not change anything.

3 Likes

I’ll run the logic through you first. Maybe test on a tester map first.

3 Likes

Do YOU have a tester map?

3 Likes

Yeah. I do, but it also has like all my tests on it.

Voting
AUO timer maybe
Other stuff I don’t remember

3 Likes

Well, the main thing that could probably use optimization would be the custom karts, but I haven’t made those yet.

3 Likes

Those would bring in like too many things like handling, braking, and probably the easiest: top speed.

3 Likes

2468 came up with a way better system than all of that. I can’t really do drifting, as there’s literally not enough room on the HUD to fit a drift button.

3 Likes

Then maybe a clever use of coordinate systems in the corners. I have played Mario kart in a long time, so I’m going to play it later to get the feel of drifting back. Basically, the system uses awsd to drift instead of an overlay.

3 Likes

I’m curious on how this would work. How would you use the coordinate system?

3 Likes

I’m still considering that myself. I just got back from drifiting, so I’ll think about how to do it.

2 Likes

Mark a solution when you’re ready! This has gotten a bit off GK8.

3 Likes

Err…aye.
Contribution:Playtesting ig?

I was under the impression that green fish was involved in an unfortunate accident with Fysz and Bysz…

3 Likes

Thank you! The game is now finished, and it (mostly) uses your speed system!

Nice! Can you put it in the discord?

Its on wix. Ask Navy or another person to put it on discord.

Ok. I’ll ask. I just thought that you were on the discord. I’ll stop being off topic now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.