Gimkit's Quantum Mechanics: Help Needed

Sure! I’ll change it.

3 Likes

Thought I was an expert at gimkit creative.

5 Likes

Well, you’re pretty new, so you still have some learning to do! Anyway, welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

I know some stuff about gimkit. I can code pretty well. Made a cafe, and an arena. But I probably do have lots to learn.

4 Likes

@cr1sis Welcome to the forum! Checkout beginner-must-read if you haven’t yet!

4 Likes

If you want to start learning about technical gimkit, I would recommend starting here: Advanced Update Order | Difficulty: 🟪

5 Likes

AUO is kinda the baseline for technical gimkit. It ties in to a lot of other concepts, purely because it’s so important.

(I’ll add to page and also bump :D)

5 Likes

How does scope play into AUO? Like who’ll get a notif first from a relay?

3 Likes

Interesting…

How would we measure that though?

3 Likes

Place a relay and a notif. Track who enter la the game in what order.

4 Likes

bumping this because more people should see this and also I need ideaaaaas

3 Likes

this is cool, I’ll be on the lookout

3 Likes

You could make something with their name, to track the auo
so something like
set text (join(text,playername)

3 Likes

Player IDs also do that.

3 Likes

just noting that multi-relay interactions are now considered quantum mechanics cus why not

3 Likes

I don’t know how I feel about one of the oldest open questions being lumped into this thing.

2 Likes

It isn’t. Quantum mechanics are what happen sub-tick, and multi-relays don’t really fulfill the original intent or the definition of the field.

2 Likes

They do, though. They occur subtick (effectively instant channel resolving), they fulfill the intent of quirky but important mechanics of gimkit, and I literally made quantum mechanics up so I can kinda define it, right?

2 Likes

What do you mean? I’m not trying to offend anyone, so I can remove it if that’s rude or assuming of me

3 Likes

You’re not wrong, but they happen in a specific order. Nothing cancels out, and there really isn’t anything weird about it.

2 Likes