Gimkit Bug Spray Shop

I feel like Bugs are cluttering our forums… and the reasons are stated above.
If you ever encounter a bug in GKC, try doing:
Reloading
Try giving Gimkit a break by pressing:
Screenshot 2024-10-14 6.18.32 PM
Clearing Cookies
Deleting cookies may be a hassle, but it may be worth it! :slight_smile:
Ending Tasks in Task Manager
The shortcut for every device is different, but this is generally what it looks like:
Screenshot 2024-10-14 6.24.02 PM
Restarting Your Device
Simple! The price is your tabs, your Gims, and your soul.
Or you could…
:sparkles:Wait :sparkles:
Go meditate or draw, touch some grass!
Build-pleasse the Grim Builder is out! (Ping me if you need device help :hammer_and_wrench: )

11 Likes

I think there was a guide made on this early on, lemme go look for it

The category isn’t the problem; it’s the users that don’t try to resolve a “bug” before making a forum post who are.

3 Likes

Really? I tried searching, and all I could find, was…
Screenshot 2024-10-14 6.34.12 PM

Just looking at it will tempt them to make a bugs post…
So why not get rid of it?

Simple. The creation of new rules regarding bugs will reduce this issue.

1 Like

Hello!
Screenshot 2024-10-14 6.37.40 PM

I really need someone explain in an essay of why it shouldn’t be removed…
It’s the temptation of the bugs category and the feeling of rush when creating a new topic that gets them going.

Though “Bugs” topics have an… largeish number per week, does not change the fact people will experience bugs, and will need a solution.

Why bugs do not need to be removed

Bugs are a large part of most games, including Minecraft, Roblox, etc. All games will have bugs, its an inescapable matter. Now, some bugs can be solved by other methods than this guide shows, and some bugs cannot be solved at all. Now,

and Josh himself takes a look at some bugs catagorys as shown above. If we did not have a bug catagory, the following negatives can happen:

• bugs not being fixed
  • bugs with possible fixes, not being fixed.
  • bugs so severe a person cannot play GImkit and has no solution because they do not know what to do.
  • many more things
    Now lets say we did get rid of bugs, here’s what positives would happen:
  • less clutter.
    That’s it. Now lets see, there is more bad than good. If we got rid of the bugs argument, not only would it have a bad effect on new users, but older users as well.
2 Likes

Now I know why I created this topic.
H m m m y e s h m o r e s o l u t i o n s

So I’ll write an essay on why Bugs shouldn’t be removed.

So what if there is a real bug? Some students have emailing outside the district blocked and some can’t access Discord. If there is a real bug, it goes here to let the Gimkit Team know. If they actively want to fix bugs, then they will check #bugs. Also, I know there is a bunch of topics on silly stuff, but a lot of that is due to the nature teens go through. Not everyone is mature yet, so don’t go too harsh on anyone because we’re still learning. Take forum bugs for example, some users have no idea a discourse forum exists, and they post it on here because it’s blocked. Also, this discourse version is nearly a year old, @josh needs to update it, so many old bugs are still here from discourse that were fixed a long time ago.

Some other notes:

Agreed. Reporting bugs are a necessary part of any game.

I’ve seen @jeffo reply too, to add onto that.

3 Likes

B R U H

2 Likes

I think there is a good, and bad effect on deleting Bugs.
The discourse meta has this feature, so when people create topics, this shows:

I think this should be the same, but only with bugs.
Instead it should say something:

> Is this bug topic needed?
Or is it just a simple reload?

Doing this would discourage users from making topics like those, and in return, the bugs that should actually be reported, would stay.

oh yes, jeffo has fixed some bugs too as slim said:

2 Likes

That’s the new Discourse version…?
Josh, one more thing needs to be added to your bucket list…
:smiling_imp:

I think you should remove this. If a bug is that game-breaking you want to factory reset your computer, it will almost certainly be fixed soon, and even if it isn’t, Gimkit is just a game.

Would you seriously wipe your computer and everything on it just because Gimkit isn’t working?
Also there is an EXTREMELY low chance that a factory reset will work if nothing else does.

I don’t really got anything good on this device, so yeah, I would casually shrugs it off
EDIT: Nuthin, I thought that the Gimkart 8 thing was purple

1 Like

I suppose you did, why?

A Better Essay

Bugs are a wonderful important part of this wonderful platform, allowing people to get actual results out of GImkit. Bugs have been around for a while, and make up a large percent of the forums. It is the second most used catagorys of the seven. Without bugs… we would have empty holes in our fragile gimkit-lovin’ heart.

Pros And Cons

Pros

• They help people get answers for problems
  • The catagory makes the forum more organized and clean due to all the bug topics in one spot
  • They get more people on GImkit (more help resolved = less frustration = more GImkit)
  • They help people get GImkit to work
  • Instead of using help topics and cluttering up help topics they are in one place

Cons

• clutter
  • annoying
  • usually have simple solutions

What would happen without bugs catagories, what would the community do?

Well the answer is simple. They would find a work around. They would most likely use help topics and start cluttering u help topics. When there are multiple catagories in one, everything gets jumbled up and confusing.

The Possible Solution

Keep bug catagories, but add more precautionary measures such as:

• If the bug can be solved with a refresh, flag it (would need to be approved by mods to do)
  • Have a guide for them to refer to

essays are fun

2 Likes

I know I have that covered

1 Like