Geometry Dash Help

You can split a property into segments (you can find this in text operations) and you can use pseudo properties stored in variables

Try to stay on topic please.

My favorite levels are:

• HEMI
  • Dream Flower
  • Celestial Inertia

What does pseudo properties mean?

Yeah I know I wrote a good chunk of the math behind text operations. My thought process for this is:
There are four blocks, so they can be encoded as numbers 0-3. A row of a level might look like 10321021020310231 or something. You can store this as base 10 to compress it, and when rendering the level you can decompress it and go through each digit to find what block to display. I think there is also some math getrithekd wrote in the bitwise operations post that can be used to get each digit without decompressing the whole number.

1 Like

So basically, with the current version of GKC, it’s almost impossible to make GD (Even more difficult than Bloodbath!)

Yeah, probably. Although I disagree with it being more difficult than bloodbath.

29% AS OF YESTERDAY WOOOOO

Yeah, I shouldn’t have said that…that is VERY MUCH UNDERMINING the difficulty of Bloodbath…

AWESOME

Actually, then how do you make just a regular old Platformer? maybe I could work off that

If you are meaning like the new game mode, there might be a select map type. In the future when they add more props to creative mode.

Wait, THERE’S A NEW GAME MODE!?!?!?

Lets not get off-topic, but yes, “Don’t Look Down” a retro styled island hop game. its releasing soon.Don't Look Down | Gimkit Wiki | Fandom

Now lets please stay on topic.

K. But still, THAT IS AWESOME

1 Like

I actually have an idea on how to make a game like geometry dash. Still wanna hear?
Actually, I’m gonna actually make it now.

PCPs are great for static variables like platforms!

That math is here:
Say we want digit n in base b. The power the digit is multiplied is b^(n-1). So we take the number mod b^(n-1).We divide by b^(n-1) and round down. And that’s it, I think.

@here Guys, I 100% made Geometry Dash physics in GKC.
WIN_20231020_21_40_24_Pro (1) (2)
(If you can’t tell, I’m pressing a button on the top right that makes me jump)

3 Likes

WHOA. That is cool. You should make a guide on it.

1 Like

I’m thinking about that. I’ll probably do it some time tommorow.

1 Like

Nice @EggNoodle! I really need to make that guide on how to upload videos soon.

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.