Formatting Text Tags in GKC | TUTORIAL | Difficulty: đźź©

One of the less known facts about GKC is that it actually supports a small set of text formatting tools that let you color, bold, italicize, and monospace text. Although this only seems to work within the Overlay device and in the activity feed, it’s still a very interesting thing that can be used to break the monotony of text shown to the player. This guide will explain how to use all of the currently known tags to format text.

How do you use these text formatting tags?

It’s pretty simple, you have a start tag and an end tag. The tags look the same, except the closing tag has a slash in it. They contain the same text, within a greater than and less than sign. Here’s an example.

<tag> text </tag>

As you can see, there is an opening tag, some text in the middle, and a closing tag. When you’re using one of the tags you’ll see below, you just need to type the name of the tag between the <> symbols, followed by the text you want to apply the effect to, followed by the name of the tag between the <> symbols again, this time with a slash </>.

Colors!

Alright, using colors is pretty simple. Here are the tags you can use.

<red> </red>

<green> </green>

<orange> </orange>

<color color='#800080'> </color>

And to set the text you want to color, just put some text between the opening and closing tags, like so:
<red> Hi, this is some red text! </red>

Another note I want to add is that while the <color> tag lets you specify a hex code to let you color your text however you want, I personally haven’t been able to get it working. I’m still going to include it though, since Josh sent it as an example of the color tag in use.

Text!

There’s three types of text formatting supported by gimkit: Bolding, italicizing, and monospacing. You can apply these effects with the following tags:

<b> </b>

<i> </i>

<monospace> </monospace>

The B tag bolds, the I tag italicizes, and the monospace tag makes each letter the same width, kind of like in computer terminals. As far as I know, no other text or color tags exist other than the ones listed here.

That’s all for this guide, it’s pretty simple! If you found it useful or interesting, consider leaving a like! If you think I missed something or made a mistake, corrections are appreciated! Remember that the like button exists, so if you don’t have anything actually useful to say regarding the guide (“Nice guide!”, “Nice work!”, etc) just leave a like instead haha.

Thanks for reading!

25 Likes

aren’t you ban evading?
alts aren’t allowed

1 Like

nah, blueboat’s just him

[and who’s banned anyway? not blackhole…]

2 Likes

yeah.
but alts aren’t allowed
and blue boat is blackhole alt
so he should be banned

1 Like

not only does staff know about blueboat and not done anything,
you are my alt :exploding_head: so i don’t think it matters

1 Like

ok man,
you’re right.
I am your alt.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s cool and all but are you gonna talk about alts or the guide? If you have concerns about someone being an alt, message the staff, and stop cluttering up guides with it.

7 Likes

so we just put that code in the block code inside text?
and it has to be an overlay?

2 Likes

does this work in normal text devices or only blocks?

(nvm there was already a post above me asking the same question)

2 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re joking or not, but…
uh…
cool! I guess!

also, cool guide, Boat guy!
(lol)

3 Likes

so… this does NOT work in popups, and normal text devices, and only in Overlays and the activity feed.
to answer dynachamp’s questions. It does work without blocks in the Game overlay device…

also guys, pls read before you comment, Blueboat already said it only works in overlay device or activity feed…

2 Likes

Well then fix your behavior please. Just dont use AI, be nicer, and listen.

1 Like

fyi they have like 3 posts left so we can just ignore them and they’ll stop
any further replies to them will be flagged
@THEHACKER120 you didn’t ignore them… @chrysostom you too
pi and other dude no why aaah

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

bucause we are flagging you

1 Like

We can’t delete your account
You’ll have to message the moderators about that.

… I’ve heard that excuse before

Its not up to us to ban; its up to the moderators. The flags you’ve already gotten will probably result in your ban.

2 Likes

I really like this.
I never know you could use the hex of a color for activity feed and game overlay.
Also, for those wondering, it works with text as well, you can change text color in settings and in block code. Popup as well in settings. So basically anything with text has the ability to change color. Very cool!

2 Likes

but in text device and popups, you cannot make them bold or sideways… and in text and popups the text tags don’t work

1 Like

Nice guide! (aw man you beat me to it, I was going to make one about this tomorrow)

2 Likes

Is it possible for the gimkit team to add this feature to more devices and to add more tags like newline.

Sythic

@Sythic
What did you mean by off-brand kosm0-o in the other topic?

4 Likes