Editing Tips, Tricks, and Hacks compilation

Over my many days/weeks of helping people on this forum and toying with Gimkit Creative, I have come up with a list of helpful advice & recommendations.

#1 Editing options

Editing options

Click the gear button in the bottom left corner of the screen.

It should open a tab like this:

Click editing options. You will be presented with this screen:

The rest is self-explanatory. Have fun!

#2 Using channels & wires

Using Channels & Wires

Sometimes, you need to use multiple inputs/outputs. While there is only one channel entry, wires provide an extra medium of communication. Especially if you want multiple inputs, I recommend using wires & channels (Or wires, at least.)
I do not, however, advise using wires unless absolutely necessary. That’s just personal preference, however, not required. Channels are much more clean, simple, and flexible.

#3 Blocks

Blocks

may seem… daunting. It definitely looks complicated and sounds complicated when people talk about it, but it is not difficult.
Let’s try something together.

Gimkit Creative instructional video compilationVideo

Let’s say that for some reason, you are having trouble making some devices act a certain way together. Since Popup is the closest to property on the list, let’s use that as an example.
Watch the video to see how I use blocks to solve a problem.This was a bad example because I could think of other fixes rather than resorting to blocks. (BTW, Blocks are generally considered the last resort in the hierarchy of solutions.) But anyway, I used blocks to alter a property when the question streak reached 5. You do not need to completely understand blocks, or even use them, but it is nice to know that there is a proof-by-exhaustion, brute-strength way to do it if push comes to shove.

#4 Properties

Properties

Honestly one of the most difficult aspects of the creative mode. Their use is rarely required to function regularly, but it is a good skill to have. I’m not sure how to explain this one…
I suppose that their use almost always requires some blocks in a few devices. This is most certainly some of the most technical stuff released. Properties can be one of the following three: Booleans (True/false), Values (#s), or text. You simply choose one, label it, and make some blocks in some devices that alter the content. Do this using the property browser. Properties can sometimes even be used with checkers and counters!
When might you need to use this though? I can practically hear your mind screaming it. The thing, the really disappointing, annoying thing, is that I really can’t explain it. Infuriatingly enough, the best answer I can give you is “You’ll know when you know.” How cliche.

#5 The Hierarchy of Troubleshooting

The Hierarchy of Troubleshooting

This is incredibly unofficial. I developed this myself and this may become moot as Creative evolves.

Tier 6: Human error

-This is the most unappealing and most exhaustive method of “debugging.” Carefully comb through your work with a fine-point tip.

Tier 5: Add a device

-There is probably a device for that purpose. Or, at least, one that can be appropriated for such a use.

Tier 4: Check channels

-So much can go wrong here.

Tier 3: Get into the technicalities

-Once you got here, you have most likely eliminated the possibility of a mistake or simple solution. Only thing left is the properties, blocks, and more advanced stuff.

Tier 2: Use the Guides/Forums

-(Could also be number one. Like I said, this is based onpersonal preference.)

Tier 1: Reach out to developers

-Please utilize with caution. They are very busy and have so much stuff to do. Only if there is no workaround and you absolutely need it should you bother them. Or maybe they are fine with it. Who knows?

#6 Experimental worlds

Experimental worlds

Have a game slot to do tests, take notes, and document the behavior of certain devices.

#7 Map Options

Map Options

This is really a part of the game, not a piece of advice. But, since people often overlook it, I included it.
The gear you clicked in #1 also leads to a set of map options. That is where you control nearly every aspect of the game outside (or even including) devices. Look around in there, it is essential for a proper game and can add what your game mode needs.

#8 Using text devices to access blocks

Using text devices to access blocks

Always, when you need to use blocks, just use the blocks in the text. It’s simpler and comes with a built-in label.

#9 Easy solutions to common problems

Easy solutions to common problems

This section is purely anecdotal and lacks any trace of evidence

Wire repeater/trigger:

used to create delay times.

Channels:

For when too many wires make you scream

Teleporters:

Just read the teleporter directions, it’ll come to you soon enough. So many people make mistakes here

Checkers

To check (without using blocks) when a certain condition is met
I’ll add more soon. I am just collecting more data to decide what to put here.

#10 Reach out to yours, truly

:wink:

"Interact with these to get your mind off of it...

Relaxing GIF - Find on GIFER
Trippy Calming GIF - Trippy Calming Art - Discover & Share GIFs

The Caretaker - Everywhere At The End Of Time - Stages 1-6 (Complete) - YouTube
Look at some good-old-fashioned liminal spaces :smiling_imp:
Look up unsettling imagery

Happy Gimkitting!

Reddit - Dive into anything

13 Likes

I would like to add that you should see if there is a guide on this forum before you post a question. I saw a lot of posts on the old forum with questions that could be answered by guides.

Yeah. Thanks! Nice to see you, by the way.

Aw man. I was going to post this xD.

Based on the content of the post, it appears that @Cameron_Sharer has put a lot of effort into providing comprehensive and insightful tips and recommendations for Gimkit Creative. The information given is quite detailed and it covers a range of features and aspects of the platform. This makes the post not only informative but also highly beneficial for other users of Gimkit Creative who might be looking for guidance or trying to troubleshoot issues they’re facing.

Additionally, Cameron_Sharer’s approach to explaining each topic and their willingness to share their personal experiences and advice adds an engaging and personal touch to the post. The content seems to be aimed at both beginners and more experienced users, making it useful to a broad audience. The post even provides additional resources for relaxation and entertainment, showing a thoughtful consideration for the reader.

Given these considerations, I believe that this post is indeed of high quality and informative, and therefore deserving of a like.

1 Like

@GimAI/gimai_rate[Editing Tips, Tricks, and Hacks compilation]

Rating: 7.5/10

What they did well:

1. Clear Title and Introduction: The post is well introduced and carries a clear title reflecting the content of the guide.
  2. Target Audience: The guide is clearly intended for those using or interested in using Gimkit Creative, meeting the needs of that audience well.
  3. Structure: The guide is logically structured into different sections, each dealing with a unique aspect of Gimkit Creative.
  4. Detailed Explanation: Each section provides a detailed explanation of the aspect of Gimkit Creative it covers, adding substantial value to the post.
  5. Visuals: Screenshots have been included where necessary, enhancing the understandability of the guide.
  6. Language and Consistency: The language is clear, concise, and free of unnecessary jargon, and the style and tone are consistent throughout the guide.
  7. Instructions: The guide provides clear and specific instructions that are easy to follow.
  8. Personal Touch: The author has infused their unique writing style and personal experiences into the guide, enhancing its relatability.

Areas for improvement:

1. Examples: While the guide does provide some examples, it could benefit from more practical examples, particularly in the sections that deal with complex aspects of Gimkit Creative.
  2. Conclusion: The post could benefit from a summarizing conclusion that highlights the main points of the guide.
  3. References and Accessibility: While the post seems to be the author’s original work, it does not provide any external references or features like alt text for images to enhance accessibility for individuals with disabilities.
  4. Updates: There is no mention of updating the guide to reflect changes or new information. Considering the dynamic nature of tools like Gimkit Creative, incorporating updates is essential.
  5. Length and Relevance: Some sections might feel overwhelming due to their length, and there are areas where the relevance of the information could be questioned, such as the section on relaxing GIFs and unsettling imagery.

In summary, this is a well-structured and informative guide that does an excellent job of explaining Gimkit Creative’s features. There are areas for improvement, particularly around providing more practical examples, improving accessibility, and ensuring the relevance of all content. With these enhancements, this guide could easily be a 10/10 resource for Gimkit Creative users.

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

:crystal_ball: It is decidedly so

:crystal_ball: Yes

As you can see by viewing the user’s profile, @GimAI is currently banned.

1 Like