Don’t share private info!

Lately, I’ve been seeing lots of posts and topics that show private/personal information.
Especially in Bugs or Help.

This is a collab with @raeB, but if you want to edit, Please read the editing rules at the end of the post.
Here’s a similar topic that @raeB made:

What is private/personal info?

• Open Tabs

• Bookmarked Tabs

• Email Address leaking

• Password leaking

• Real Name Leaking

• IP Address leaking

• Age leaking

What to do when you encounter private info

Try to mention (@) the gim to edit the screenshot/image and replace it with a new one. If the user has not yet responded in quite a while, flag their post and select “Something Else” and type something like “User shared private information”

(If you see someone share their private information, please don’t doxx them or memorize their private information. Doing so can get you suspended or IP BANNED.
(ironic, yes)

Disclaimer:

Only flag the post/topic if it’s an email leak, password leak, or ip leak. Sure, it might suck and you might get suspended (only for repeated violations) but it’s way WAY better than someone going to your house or hacking into your email.

How to avoid sharing private info:

On most devices, specifically Laptops, Computers and ChromeBooks
There is a built-in app called “Snipping Tool”
Which allows you to crop part of the image you want to save and scribble on it to hide private information.
If you don’t see the app, I think there should still be a scribble option once you’ve screenshot the image with PrtScn .

Not sharing private information in “Preferences”

In the top right of your profile, there is a “preferences” tab. You can put your about me, Real Name and location or emails. Please don’t share your exact location in either your about me or location and your email.

Stay safe everybody! Here’s an exit poll:

How helpful was this topic?
  • 1/5 this is garbage and not useful
  • 2/5 bad
  • 3/5 meh
  • 4/5 kinda helpful
  • 5/5 extremely helpful
0 voters
User assignments

Mregg: Profiles

Editing Rules

You are allowed to edit this wiki post but please don’t violate the TOS or FAQ. Please keep it on-topic. Also please don’t edit these rules. Thank you.

13 Likes

Nice job! I’ll help, too.

2 Likes

i added a proflies section not sure how good i did by hey i did it

2 Likes

@here, we need to add a ___'s editing part.

4 Likes

Ok sure. I’ll add it.

1 Like

I deserve credit for the idea!
Right? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

@MrEgg posted it, not me, (no offense to him)
I removed it now.

1 Like

For some reason i thought putting that picture in this post was gonna help people.

I suggest you guys delete one of these :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Not that I’m the best example, but don’t do this!

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.