Does anyone have a better speed system?

No.

do you use a lifecycle anywhere?

That is not an okay solution!

I have to use channels due to concat.

Is the property set for player (if meant to)? Maybe you need relays or something to communicate with the correct player? No real idea, it seems like it should work to me.

Yes, a few. One to start a live player counter, and one to fix another bug that we don’t need to talk about.

2 Likes
  1. do you have relays for all the game start ones?
  2. did you check all the scopes?

The property is set to player. I might need to just insert a relay somewhere, thanks!

ALSO you’re back! WOHOOOOOOOOOOO

Yes, I’m pretty sure I’ve checked all the scopes. Yes, I have relays connected to the lifecycles.

Hope it works!
Also: I’ve been back for a month. Haven’t you noticed?

I noticed, just never had a good chance to say hello.

What is concat, @ClicClac ?

Short for concatenation. Here’s more info:

1 Like

Can you add all the parts in the system, with an explanation of what it’s supposed to do? It’s pretty hard to look around the comments to figure out what you’re trying to do.

1 Like

The parts of the system are all around the map. Let me get home, and I can connect every input to an output.

2 Likes

Ok.

1 Like

It’s clearly a scope issue, so the question seems to be where the issue starts. Trigger to trigger movement retains scope, so it has to be in the triggering mechanism. How are the different cycles tripped?

1 Like

The speed up cycle is caused by a correctly timed rocket start, or a mushroom or star being used. The speed down cycle is caused a fixed interval after the speed up cycle. The offroad speed down cycle id caused by going offroad. The offroad speed up cycle is caused by going back on road.

The rocket starts should be button based, which are player-scoped usually. Offroading is sensed by triggers and lasers, I assume, so that’s ALSO player-scoped, and so on.
How the heck?

if you send me a link in the gc later I may be able to help debug

The rocket start is player-scope button based. Offroading is sensed by zones, and mushroom and stars are caused by buttons as well.