Disappearing sentries 🙀 (Resolved)

Any ideas why a sentry might disappear when we try playing the game? It’s there in the edit mode, it disappears when we press play to test the game.

1 Like

Your game may be so massive that it overloads Gimkit’s server operations for your map. Otherwise, you may have a tangled Channel that deactivates them. I experimented with it, and it could be the problem. If you have any problems, feel free to contact me at @Gimkit101, and I’ll be sure to help. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you know if there’s a limit on the number of sentries that can be used? We can’t find it in the documentation but I wonder if there are too many. There are 12 in this game, all gathered in one place.

2 Likes

I have used TONS of sentries in my maps, and none have reached any limit so far. Sadly, though, there is a limit of 2500 wall pieces, and you can use the Memory Bar to see how close to your max data you’re getting. Does that help? :grinning:

3 Likes

Where can I find this memory bar?

2 Likes

Go to settings, and then go to to editing settings, then scroll down and set show memory bar to yes.

5 Likes

@discobot fortune will gimkit creative ever work on mobile?

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

@discobot display help.

1 Like

I know many people who have had trouble with sentries not existing on a map, with only a shadow left under where they would be.

3 Likes

If you have item slots set to None sentries won’t appear.

3 Likes

It’s only happening to one person here and they are pretty frustrated.

2 Likes

@discobot display help

1 Like

You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.

2 Likes

I think I know why. this happened to me when I had more than 10 sentries in one place. Do you have more than 10?

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Again, me first!!!
@susieputh welcome to the community!!!
this is legit my special job!

1 Like

i second that

this hapens in my game too. when I put more than 10 sentries in one place altogether it doesn’t show the extras it only shows 10.

Mine don’t have channels, and there aren’t a lot in one place. There are only 10 in the whole map. They aren’t that close, though.