Court: Trigger VS. Checker (And an explanation on what a Trigger Check is)

Wait you forgot the right answer:
Trigger Checker

1 Like

Tchecker is short for Trigger Checker.

I feel like these two devices can’t be similar enough to make one be called better… Well not “similar” but like, they have different uses, pros, and cons, that end up evening each other out.

Also, i can already see this topic going downhill.

edit: @Fleet look at the title ._.

1 Like

I never said the trigger is better than checker, I said a trigger can be more useful in complex systems.
edit: the title was changed by someone else not me @Kosm0-o

Flashbacks from @Shdwy’s post :smirk:

3 Likes

That section was entirely a reference to that lol

1 Like

You can stop the loop because the check is able to fail, and you can also compare properties without blocks (albeit without checkers).

2 Likes

You can send brodcasts on multiple channels for one check with a trigger, you also can check if 2 things are true with one check with a trigger, again this isn’t about other devices, this is about triggers and checkers, discussing when a trigger should be used instead of a checker, if it was for only one use, this thing wouldn’t have been made.

GIMKIT BUSTERS dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun
who you gonna call?

lol

but anyways for the above quote, ima prove you wrong based on what you were implying[1]. Using a checker, you can create up to 5 checks. When you create more than a single check, a new option pops up in the checker settings:

Check Type:
-Options:
*When All Checks Pass
*When Any Check Passes

This isn’t the exact setting but it’s the same thing. Basically, if there are multiple checks, you can make the check broadcast on the “passed” channel depending on if it’s conditions use ‘or’ operators or ‘and’ operators. You get what I mean: checkers can do or/and logic, not just triggers.

1. do research before posting topics. bc research is logical. unlike the quote ↩︎

3 Likes

the point I’m trying to make is that this isn’t saying that checkers are useless because of this, quite the opposite, I’m saying that there are situations where a checker should and shouldn’t be used.

1 Like

Well…
if you’re ever trying to make a point, do your research first, then make it.
and the point you are trying to make is… kind of known. Because for people that don’t do blocks, they won’t use trigger logic, they’ll use checkers. People who do know how to use block code will most likely be able to tell when to do this already. Plus, you went completely one-sided when making this topic. I see you listing a bunch of things that show why you should check things with triggers. But not checkers. SO then is “I’m saying that there are situations where a checker should and shouldn’t be used,” this really you’re point? Because you only listed when a checker shouldn’t be used from what i’ve seen.

4 Likes

fair, that one-sided part of writing is me having a hard time expressing my point sometimes. I get confused on what point I really am trying to make when it comes to writting about things.

2 Likes

Good to know! Maybe try improving that as well? Or maybe even looking at other topics and see if you can steal some quotes. Thanks for the fun debate :D

1 Like

same lol
I walk into room, forget wt I was doing, then walk, out, mom tells me to do thing again, then repeat cycle.

Anyways,
I think personally, for like a 8 yr with no coding experience, checkers can be a lifesaver, while it is important to educate people on more easier ways of checking, checkers still server purpose

Also how do we check if someone has blue seed if we use trigger?

2 Likes

inventory item manager(track property for blue seed)
trigger code:

if [blue seed property] = x
blah blah blah
1 Like

but iim+ trigger+block code is more memory than checker (right???)

exactly, hence why the debate started about why checkers should still be used.

1 Like

yes, this isn’t about memory efficency its about the situtations in which device should be used, checkers are more useful for more simple mechanisms while triggers are better for complex ones

1 Like

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that’s wt ur debating about. ok…
wait, lemme do some experiment.

*tells everyone that accually, notifications are the best checkers.

*everyone stares at a deliosional epi
*me
OHHHHH -------------------

I just realized with a trigger you can do one option in one if then and another in another if then, making a trigger more useful when it comes to more complicated systems. and do more than 5 checks. just thought I’d make note of that.

1 Like