Court: Lifecycle vs. Knockout Manager

Screenshot 2024-10-16 12.11.00 PM

This Court is to determine whether you should use a lifecycle or a knockout Manager for managing knockouts. You as the Jury will decide in the poll below which should be used!

For the K.O. Manager
  1. Memory - The memory for the K.O. Manager is only 10 compared to the lifecycle’s 50.
  2. Blocks - The K.O. Manager has 5 unique blocks you can use, whereas the lifecycle has no block capability.
    Screenshot 2024-10-16 12.17.53 PM
  3. Functions - The K.O. Manager has a built in item granter and can manage sentries whereas the lifecycle can not.
  4. Activation - The K.O. Manager can be activated and deactivated on a certain channel whereas the lifecycle can not.
For the Lifecycle
  1. Function - The main reason why this is even a debate, is because the lifecycle has the ability to check if someone knocks another player out. Not just if you get knocked out.
    Screenshot 2024-10-16 12.26.47 PM
  2. It’s a lot easier to understand if you are a new player. (I ran out of good things for this device)
Which device is better?
  • Lifecycle
  • K.O. Manager
0 voters

pst… hit the :heart: button down there :arrow_lower_right:

8 Likes

I don’t think this is allowed (or i’m wrong)

1 Like

me like blocks so knockout manager

1 Like

I saw this and went off of it. If it is not allowed I will take it down.

1 Like

I think it’s allowed. (I can’t see why not - it’s about devices, and it’s helpful because it tells people the benefits of both and helps them decide which to use.)

4 Likes

Then i’m wrong. But this is really not needed but idk

well you are the player that’s knocked out so for diff people knockout manager can be the same

1 Like

True, but when I need to grant a player an item when they eliminate another player or Sentry, there is no way to do that on the K.O. Manager. There is some stuff that needs to be fixed with K.O.s, and if it was added to where the K.O. Manager had capability to check if you knocked out another player, I would use it more.

2 Likes

I thought we weren’t doing PSA’s anymore…

1 Like

I haven’t been on the forums in a week idk what we are doing or not

Then that means i’m right.

yay

1 Like

I didn’t put the tag! it was @Build-pleasse if I’m correct.
infact my topic wasn’t supposed to be a PSA.

it wasn’t supposed to be a PSA I just haven’t bothered to remove yet, I’ll do that now as this isn’t meant to be one.
EDIT: I just realized this wasnt my post, I got confused and thought it was a quote, not a link.

1 Like

fixed

Me personally, I don’t think this is needed. You can just use a lifecycle for less complicated things, and to deactivate it, you just use a trigger. I only use KO’s for blocks.

2 Likes

We can, jeff said that we could, but we should think twice before making one because most of the time, it isn’t needed.

3 Likes

Like bob said, this isn’t really needed.
And let’s be honest the trigger and checker court was ACTUALLY useful.

stop creating these topics. they are clutter, and you can’t compare these 2 devices because they have different functions for the most part.

2 Likes

In my opinion this is a little pointless but

Knockout manager for when player knocks out and lifecycle for when player is knocked out. Since you only said managing knockouts it doesn’t specify so yeah. But usually Knockout Manager over lifecycle. Both have their advantages and cons.

2 Likes

cant we just… use both?

4 Likes