Could Someone Give me Tips for Creating Engaging Gimkit Games?

Hello there,

As I am new to using Gimkit and would love to hear some tips and tricks for creating engaging and effective games. I have explored the basics of creating kits and adding questions, but I am looking to take my games to the next level to ensure my students are fully engaged and learning.

How do you structure your kits to keep the game exciting and challenging?

Are there any particular question types or formats that work best?

Do you have any strategies for incorporating multimedia elements like images or videos effectively?

Also, I have gone through this post: https://forum.creative.gimkit.com/t/maximizing-your-views-what-game-should-i-make/27353minitab which definitely helped me out a lot.

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

I would use this guide:

I will never play a game if the terrain isn’t layered [1]

1. just a pet peeve of mine ↩︎

2 Likes

ah! This is a hard one when you are in a game, it is hard for players to concentrate when they constantly have to answer questions. A good way is to instead of forcing the player to answer questions like using an energy system, give the players who answer questions an edge over other players like better weapons, faster speed, and various other power-ups.

I like multiple-choice questions because questions that require typing need a pre-determined format like capital letters, spacing, and “Do you type out your numbers?”

this is not currently possible in gimkit, I’m sorry…

My suggestions:
If you want to play your game repetitively, you will need to make your game VERY fun by:
adding lore, adding cool terrain, and make the game “speedrun-able”

?? you’re a teacher?