Coordinate grid optimization (for bananas)

That’s the problem. It would take 90 percent of your map memory to plot every possible point where a banana could be placed since there are no weapons with static ammo.

2 Likes

Here are some diagrams that could help:

Red X indicates possible banana placements
Circle is the player
Arrow is direction player is going

This could give an idea. The player could be anywhere, so points will be quite hard to figure out

Bananas are static objects and in Gimkit, there are no static weapons, so it would be hard to code

1 Like

@HERE: I KNOW HOW THE BANANA WORKS, HOW TO STORE LOCATION IN A COORDINATE SYSTEM, AND HOW TO PLACE A BANANA. THIS POST SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED COORDINATE GRID OPTIMIZATION, BECAUSE THAT IS THE MAIN ISSUE HERE. Thank you.

6 Likes

You can change the title, right?

bump because unresolved also I because I like bananas

2 Likes

You know that you don’t need to bump a post twice in 2 hours, it causes clutter.

7 Likes

You could use zones for x coordinates and zones for y-coordinates… This can only be solved through hardware, since GKC only allows for computer-based direct interactions with a player through: item granters, lasers, and health granters.

I realize it’s late to say this, but you could use my second coordinate system combined with item props.
(I apologize if this causes clutter, but this may be useful to newer Gims.)

2 Likes

Clicclac wants a way to not spend 2 hours placing props down. They already know a way of making it.

2 Likes

THANK YOU for explaining it clearer!

2 Likes

Sorry, ClicClac. I wish there was a way to detect if a player is touching an item…
(I realized that could be nolted)
Anyway, I’m stumped.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I cannot get this timer to work to save my life.

1 Like

What timer?

I’m trying to make a timer that starts at an arbitrary time, counts up, is accurate to a tenth of a second, and displays the time as minutes:seconds.hundred millisecond.

Make random numbers for the hundredths and milliseconds. That’s the best I can do.

Maybe use AUO to time?

1 Like

I tried some recursion timers [ trigger (delay: 0.1) → trigger], and checked their accuracy with the provided in-game timer. They were slow. I didn’t wait for 90 seconds, but they almost lost two seconds to the provided in-game timer.

1 Like

Maybe have a larger chain of them to take the stress off of the individual ones?

facts, i would never

1 Like

I’ll try some stuff tomorrow.