Complex Gimkit Guides [COLLAB WITH @Cavaire3D, DONT EDIT IF YOU AREN’T HIM]

So is this just the renderer, or an entire computer? Is the control system(for the renderer) complete?

It would be an entire computer, but emulated(not virtualized). The renderer is later on in the emulation process.

So it’s two different projects. Is the control system for the renderer complete?

1 Like

If you’re referring to the GUI/Desktop, it is. However, it’s very minimal and will be upgraded for this project.

How does the colorization work?

It is only black and white (and gray) currently as more colors take more time. The logic is simple, and is described on the GUI project page: How to create a GUI/desktop 🟪 - #74 by Cavaire3D

Oh, ok. I would like to help with this.

One way to help(if you are up for a challenge) is to create code that allows basic emulation of 8-bit or below (grayscale) games/applications. Contact me on the discord if you’re interested.

Is there a specific game, it’s much easier with a specific game.

On a scale of difficulty:

Pong - easy
Pacman - medium
Gameboy - Hard

I suggest you look at calc84maniac/tiboyce: A Game Boy emulator for the TI-84 Plus CE and TI-83 Premium CE. (github.com) and his previous version calc84maniac/tiboyse: A Game Boy emulator for the TI-83 Plus SE, TI-84 Plus, and TI-84 Plus SE. No longer under active development. (github.com).

Although this project’s code was not as confined, Gimkit Creative still uses a powerful programming language, Javascript(not in-built, but coded in).

So what are the controls to your renderer?

The main difficulty with pong is the comp. and difficulty scaling. (I think, I’ve never played it)

Also, is there a gray, white, and black sign on every pixel of your renderer?

Do you have Discord, it would probably be better to talk there instead of cluttering up this wiki. Controls are going to be assigned using Gimhook.

Yes, but that will change to something more efficient, I hope.

We should suggest adding a block that can change the opacity of a prop or barrier. Than we could mix colors like an actual computer.

Yes, I have the discord.

I have suggested more powerful coding, Complex Code without Modloaders · Gimkit Feedback, which would allow access to the ai hence world data. If not, I could use Gimhook.

@Cavaire3D are you coming back to the forums once again?

1 Like

So, are signs our best option until bitwise?