Checkers (The board game)

So I want to make a checker game. Is there any chance I could have some resources or suggestions/help for the game checkers.
This is what I have. I used text and emojis. I don’t have a lot of knowledge about devices and making games.

There is currently no way to make props (or devices) move, so this will be a bit hard considering you’ll need thousands of props for pseudo-movement. Sorry, I don’t think it’s feasible to make checkers in gimkit right now.

Unless. . . You use code. I mean, you could make checkers on a popup or something, but that would be text-based checkers.

1 Like

I would have thought checkers would be possible before chess :laughing: Would you know anything about doing it in a pop up? Or would that also be impossible (right now)

3 Likes

I mean, I’m not advanced enough for chess. I know some forum people are working on it.

Text-based checkers would be, less-memory expensive I guess, it’s just really complex. It’s based on the power of concatenation in blocks with a matrix (an array of arrays). The matrix replaces the props in this case, and the popup replaces the board.

1 Like

Ummmmmm. Maybe I won’t try this (not yet)… Let me brush up on my Gimkit Creative Barely English. Oh ya. I never learned that language. Could you explain it to me like I know barely anything about GKC coding and devices. (Because I don’t)

Well, If you used a bunch of item granters and made players drop the item granted on the tile they want to move the piece to. . . that could work.

1 Like

I’m gonna look around for some stuff and see what I can find and let you know what I find using what you have told me.

1 Like

Do you think it would be possible to translate this Partially Functioning Chess! (Wiki for jjnitzan) into a checkers game??

Yes. Period. nothing is impossible.

1 Like

I said that because of that guide(?)! Is it actually a guide???

1 Like

I’m gonna see if it will work!

1 Like

Alright, I’m good at GKC, If you could just tell me how to play checkers I might make a guide on it.

Checkers would be almost as complicated as chess to make in GKC.

1 Like

Nope! Chess is tens of folds more complicated in every sense as it uses complicated mechanics, and requires an intricate architecture rather than the simplicity that checkers propose.

3 Likes

its actually 128 … about 8 times less than the number you listed.

checkers can only move black squares limiting their options. And they con only move in 2 directions. 4 if they get to the other end of the side.

In chess. Almost every piece can be used in every place on the board. Also, the moves are more complex and require more coding. There are many more reason why chess is harder to make the checkers, please think before you post.

2 Likes

Sorry I over-exaggerated. I really want to make a guide on this but I don’t know how to play checkers.

1 Like

Well if I figure it out then I will explain how I did it!