Can my students make maps?

I’m a technology teacher. My students are loving playing gimkit. Can my students make their own maps? I’m thinking of hosting a digital art club with this as the platform. update My PTO purchased a group license that offers 20 pro teacher accounts. So my students will be under them or me - I’m wondering how they access the creative mode under the teacher account as a student. Thanks for all the welcome and help! Also I’m K6 - so these kids would be 2nd - 6th graders creating.

7 Likes

Student users can make maps on this platform. I am a student user myself and you can create a total of three maps here.
With the Season Ticket, students can create up to 25 maps!

Also, welcome.

5 Likes

Welcome! Most of the users on this forums in fact students! There are lots of different types of games you can make in this.

6 Likes

Yep, most of the people on here are students, myself included.
Also, Welcome to the forum, @mrsevanstechteacher!

3 Likes

wasnt it 20? @twofoursixeight but yeah you can can look for tips and tricks on the forums as many of us are good at art and some really smart peeps that can create really complicated things just ask and we´ll help! but make sure to post codes on the wix not the forums if you want help with maps @WolfTechnology can give you the link to it and with that welcome to the forums @mrsevanstechteacher !

6 Likes

After checking again, the correct value of maps you can make with Season Ticket
is 25. My bad.

2 Likes

yeah i guess we were both wrong :sweat_smile: and yeah its fine

1 Like

Gimkit Pro offers unrestricted access to all gamemodes. I’m not sure if it would affect Creative, as there is no apparant map count change for the Pro Plan.

1 Like

Don’t they just need to click the creative button?

1 Like

@WhereIsMyHat - very much appreciate the highlighted help! We’re admittedly and obviously new to this awesome game platform. So far I’ve only sent out the code link to play and then assigned one class with HW… and on their accounts I didn’t see that button but I’ll check again. Usually we’re playing live but I stumbled on this creative mode and I think they’d have a blast based on what I’ve seen them create in Minecraft Education Edition.

3 Likes

I created an educator account, and you still have access to Gimkit Creative

I found out you can create 10 maps on Creative with the pro plan:

2 Likes

Yes,they are able to create maps.

1 Like

It is possible to have them do it without teacher account as a student account.Last I knew, GKC is affected by gimkit plus, but is also effected by the season ticket which is $5, but they can hold 3 map slots per person, and the season ticket takes it to 20, but it expires on the 29, so maybe start, but wait until december to get season ticket for them.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to mark a solution, @mrsevanstechteacher!

1 Like

Ummm they’re ALL helpful solutions! I want to check multiple!!!

3 Likes

Yeah, we all wish we could do that sometimes.

1 Like

Thanks! Welcome to the forums, @mrsevanstechteacher!

Welcome to the forum @mrsevanstechteacher ! The students should at least be able to make 3 maps each, if they pay for a season ticket they can make 25. If they want to play one of their maps in class, they can paste a link to a kit into a questioner to make the game play using that question set. After that they can click the button in the bottom right corner of the map to host it and other players can jóin.

I hope this helps!

Ah, looks like I was a bit too late.

3 Likes

@twofoursixeight can you go in as a student under your educator account and is creative in the same place?

i wish that too sadly i doubt we will have that ability unless it is a bug

1 Like