Bitwise operations in gimkit

OH I forgot to mention that all the string stuff needs to be done in binary, but it should work in GKC block code.

4 Likes

string lengths can be measured, but I’m a bit confused by what you mean. Are you sure this would work with other numbers, like 1792387926?

8 Likes

The odd even thing would work with that specific number, but sadly not any others, like 1792387926.

8 Likes

Yeah sadly, this pattern only works for that number, and all other numbers like that in binary.

4 Likes

Is there a list of numbers that you need?

4 Likes

@Blackhole927, just curious, what could you possibly need this for?

5 Likes

Every 32 bit unsigned number :frowning:

8 Likes

Something pretty complex. This system needs to run about 200-300 times a second, and I can’t afford doing two loops, since I’m already doing one.

8 Likes

You should really make guides on your complicated projects. Besides AUO, most of your topics are aimed at beginners, which is definitely good, but I’m guessing some advanced users (like me) would like to see how you stretch the limits of GKC (like your Graphing Calculator, for instance).

4 Likes

Hmmm… a graphing calculator tutorial. Would probably be only for advanced gimkit creative users, but I have a spare hour and a half so I may as well do that.

8 Likes

I basically mean that for people who know Gimkit Creative at the :red_square: level, :purple_square: or :black_medium_small_square: are a reasonable challenge. It’s like giving someone new to Creative an :orange_square: guide.

4 Likes

Bro what are you using this for

2 Likes

So imagine my graphing calculator
Then make it 2^32 times more complex

7 Likes

No, I can’t do that complex of a guild.

3 Likes

How about 32 properties, one for each space, one to store the whole string, and 1 extra, for the space that the 2^n number is on? If that space IS on the string and the 2^n number, then it is set to one and everything else is set to zero. If it isn’t, the whole string is cleared.

2 Likes

If I stored numbers in binary like this, I would need 65536 properties. Even if I didn’t, converting the numbers to binary to do this computation would take too long.

6 Likes

I am lost.

3 Likes

Why do you need 65356 properties?

2 Likes

wait my math was off I did 32^3 not 32^2 I would need 2048 properties

ok i guess this is never gonna get anywhere if i don’t say what im making at all, the properties store pixel data for a display.

9 Likes

2048 properties is a lot…

But in the grand scheme of things, not that much.

If you need help placing properties and formatting them, just ask.

3 Likes