Bitwise operations in gimkit

I like chess better, but that is too complicated for me. Checkers is pattern-based. Also, dominoes is boring.

1 Like

How do you play dominoes?

There are a set of dominoes, with 2 numbers on them, divided by a line. You place a dominoe down, the play begins. You take a random domino, then see if any of the two numbers match an unmatched number. Let’s say the first one has a 2 & 5. You draw one with a 6 & 2. You place the 2s so that they are touching each other, and the next person goes.
TLDR: The Basics

1 Like

Me literally being Cuban and dominoes is literally any Cubans life lol I feel offended

1 Like

I just like playing chess.

(and Gimkit)

3 Likes

Well, since this has mostly been about graphics, here:

Its not a help thing. Its an idea.

So, ideally, an and function is
if num(a)+num(b)=1
c=0

else
c=1

So… what if you used 64 properties? Would that wok?

Not quite. Here is an explanation: Bitwise operation - Wikipedia

1 Like

If they are 2, then set the new bit to 1 else, set it to 0

Oh, I was implying that that’s what it did for a single bit.

No, doing it bit by bit like that would be too slow.

That’s kind of true, but what if push comes to shove? Would that still be feasible?

Yes. Bitwise operations are possible, this post asks if they can be done without iterating or without converting the number to binary.

So… property limit is 128, right? I gotta clarify.

It is. The display already uses all of the properties though, 128/128 so I’m gonna start lobbying josh to raise the limit to 512 or something.

You could use psuedo-properties to extend the limit to 512… But… well what’s it for?

Pseudo properties?

Add items, counters, etc. Memory intensive… how many items are there? I might actually have an idea if there are enough…