Bedwars help on how bed mechanics work

why is property called x tho

No specific reason. It’s just a placeholder name. You can rename the property to whatever you want.

Wait, forgot to add: make the property a number property and make its starting value 1.

all my thing looks like this now, how do I go from here
do u mean default value

looks like this

wait no
sry im wrong screenshot

Yes Default Value to 1 (just had to check it for a minute if it was the right setting)

this is it
what should I do now to make it work
sry I can’t reply anymore bc made my account today
I put channel in the beds
How to make it teams coped?

Did you channel the checker to the teamswitcher?
And did you put the channel (that decrements the counter) in all the beds when destroyed?

Wait, won’t this break since the respawn mechanic applies to all players? Should clarify that.

If the counter/property is team-scoped, it should be fine.

1 Like

I made this guide a while back and it should work for this scenario. :slight_smile:

It has blocks and a relay, which is unnecessary

OP remember to mark a solution!

1 Like

@Zoyyo Please mark a solution ASAP (cough like post 7 by Chunky cough) so this guide can be closed

That was the whole point of the guide lol

If you need direct help though:
The bed being alive should be a property. (any sort of boolean gate works here, but a property will be the simplest.)
I prefer numbers since booleans are almost useless, but either works.
The property should start with a certain value—the standard would be 1 or True—and when the bed was broken, would become a different value.
After sensing when the player was knocked out, you could run that signal to a checker, saying “if this property says the bed is broken, DON’T respawn” vs “if the property says the bed isn’t broken, DO respawn”

That’s pretty much it.

2 Likes

Lol ik but it was mostly that part (unless I misread like I always do lmaoooooo)
shdwy forums moment :exploding_head:

shdwy please start using the more efficient blockless method

Oh yea update Im stupid

use a trigger boolean check
have the signal run lifecycle trigger respawn
and then just like
turn off the trigger when the bed is broken
my baaaaaad

3 Likes

No, @ImStubid is stubid