Bedwars help on how bed mechanics work

I need to find out how to stop respawning if the bed is already destroyed for a team.

How does your respawn mechanic work? All you need to do is to stop that respawn mechanic with either wires or channels when that bed prop is destroyed. The setup may vary depending on how respawning works but it should be generally the same.

Edit: Clarifying some stuff

Here’s an expert from Shdwy’s Ultimate Bedwars Guide.

It doesn’t quite explain the mechanic thoroughly, though…

bed vs bedles respawn
when bedless make the bedless person respawn as spectator

That sounds correct. Can you send a screenshot of your bedwars game showing the respawn mechanic?

I don’t have the respawn mechanic yet; id not know how to do it

The most memory-efficient way I know is:
Make property x.
Have a lifecycle on player knocked out, that channels/wires to a checker. The checker checks if property x is equal to 0. If yes, channel/wire to a team switcher that switches the player’s team to spectator.
Have a counter. The counter updates property x. When any bed is destroyed, decrement the counter. (counter is team-scoped, counter starts at 1).

1 Like

but it looks like this

how do you make property x?

Yep, in bed settings in the “damage” tab, and “when destroyed” send on a channel to the counter.
Property in devices.
(sorry if I’m going to fast, I can give a more detailed tutorial)

its all good. I placed down some things already

why is property called x tho

No specific reason. It’s just a placeholder name. You can rename the property to whatever you want.

Wait, forgot to add: make the property a number property and make its starting value 1.

all my thing looks like this now, how do I go from here
do u mean default value

looks like this

wait no
sry im wrong screenshot

Yes Default Value to 1 (just had to check it for a minute if it was the right setting)

this is it
what should I do now to make it work
sry I can’t reply anymore bc made my account today
I put channel in the beds
How to make it teams coped?

Did you channel the checker to the teamswitcher?
And did you put the channel (that decrements the counter) in all the beds when destroyed?