All Things Pseudo Health (Don't reply)

lemme check. Oh, yeah, I do.

4 Likes

Wait, what do they receive on?
The Respawn doesn’t have a “When Player Respawns, Transmit On” channel setting.
Do they receive on the Checker’s “When Check Fails, Transmit On” setting because they respawn as well when the check fails?
(Last message btw, GL @LlamaLady22 and @GimSolver, hope you solve the problem :slight_smile:)

3 Likes

I’m telling random people to stop coming and interrupting us.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I don’t think he is using a checker, i think he is using a trigger that has a wire repeater infinity checking system. (cool name, right?)

1 Like

x1 Respawn
x1 Zone -
x2 Repeater
(1 used)
x2 Trigger-
x1 Property-
x2 Lifecycle
(1 used)
x1 Overlay
x2 Wire Repeater
(1 used)

1 Like

ok. One lifecycle is connected to a trigger. and that trigger is connected to a wire repeater, and that wire repeater is connected to the trigger.
this system is supposed to keep the property from going into negatives.

When the person enters the zone, it starts a repeater, which triggers the trigger, and on a repeater tick, the trigger triggers, right? causing the person to lose pseudo health.

@GimSolver In zone trigger, there is a block code that if pseudo health = 0, broadcast on dead, right? Change that to the < with a line under it _. see if that does anything. Also, what is the second wire repeater for?

1 Like

@LlamaLady22

4 Likes

You might want to remove the “don’t reply unless you’re a regular” thing since regular is nothing but a tag that shows you’ve been here for a while. Other than that it has no measurement or criteria of helpfulness.

But anyway, I’m also happy to help if you need anything. What are you having trouble with as of now?

1 Like

Trying to make pseudo-health tracked in overlay. To truly understand, I suggest reading the whole thing.
@NavyCatZ

4 Likes

I’m back. @LlamaLady22 @Haiasi @wingwave @NavyCatZ are you guys there?

4 Likes

They don’t. You have to run whatever triggers the block code to them again.

1 Like

When I die, the pseudo-health doesn’t reset. That’s the current BIG issue

4 Likes

It seems like you have already tried quite a few methods for that. Have you tried using a counter instead of blockcode? Make the counter have a default value of 250 then decrement it using a repeater. Connect the counter to a wire repeater then the repeater to the counter to reset it when it reaches its target value. Click on the target tab then set target value to 0. Click on the property tab and make the counter track the pseudo health property.

1 Like

What about the overlay? What would it track?

4 Likes

I don’t think you need to alter anything for the overlay, just make sure the blockcode is triggered by the repeater.

Due to AUO, you might have to take the channel out then put it back in after you wire the counter to make sure the counter wire runs first.

1 Like

I’m very confused, could you show me in game?

4 Likes

Im assuming you’re confused about the auo part. There was a guide linked here about it, did you read it?

Just do what I told you to do for the counter. After you’re done with that, what channel/device triggers the overlay block code? I think it was a repeater, but I’m just making sure.

1 Like

Should I delete what I already did? Would that interfere?

4 Likes

You only need to delete the blockcode that decrements the property and maybe remove the system that checks if the property = 0 just in case.

Forgot to say, connect the counter to the respawn device.

1 Like